INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving Music To Another Drive Questions  (Read 974 times)

Kamika007z

Moving Music To Another Drive Questions
« on: March 31, 2008, 03:58:46 pm »

Hello All,

I looked everywhere and I apologize in advance if I did miss this information elsewhere, but recently, I purchased a 2TB WD My Book drive and would like to put all of my MP3's in there, but before I do so, I had a couple questions on how I could go about doing this:

1. - How do I backup the album art information? I have a lot of mp3's that I had to go in and manually select their respective album art for so I do not want to lose this once I move the MP3's over.

2. - How can I sync up the new location of the MP3's after I move them over and load up the software? From what I was able to test, it was still looking in the old file location.

3. - Unfortunately, I have music on a couple drives & diretories, that I would like to combine into one folder and one drive (this folder can have its own sub directories pertaining to each album). What else would I need to know if I plan on moving them?

Thank you in advance!!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Moving Music To Another Drive Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 05:43:39 pm »

Is the cover art inside the files?  MC has an option for this.

You could set up a new library (File/Library/Library Manager/Add) and import a few files to see. 

MC can move the files for you if the drive can be seen.  It's under Tools/Library Tools.  Try a few before you do very many.  Moving files outside MC can be done, but it's more complicated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Moving Music To Another Drive Questions
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 05:48:58 pm »

One more thing.  If your cover art is good, consider using the new cover art database and doing "Submit to Internet".  There's a very recent thread on it here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up