INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.470  (Read 4603 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.470
« on: April 05, 2008, 10:45:50 am »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120470.exe

12.0.470 (4/4/2008)

1. Changed: Default for show stack icon is now off.
2. Fixed: Arrow buttons did not work when playing DVD "extra features" that require user interaction.
3. NEW: Added "DVD Menu" to OSD menu.
4. NEW: Stack Icon column available for details view.  (Not by default.  It is in the column list.  Better artwork in future builds.)
5. Changed: Digital TV channels' registry location is changed. This should be transparent to users.
6. NEW: Backup and Restore buttons on TV Channels property page, to backup TV channels to a disk file, and to restore them from the disk file.
7. NEW: The handheld conversion cache stack will save video conversions.

12.0.469 (4/2/2008)

1. Changed: Grouping file items no longer draw a stack overlay.
2. Changed: Stack right click submenu only appears when viewing a file.
3. Fixed: Remapped field names for iTunes playlist importing.
4. Fixed: User's choice of not using JRiver Audio Renderer for DirectShow playback of Wav files was not honored.
5. Changed: If stacks are used as the handheld cache any stacked mp3 file will be used if none is found under the stack directory.
6. NEW: Filters from "DMO Audio Effect" and "DMO Video Effect" categories are added to the list of transform filters for DirectShow playback.
7. NEW: Added "build cache" option to the handheld cache options.  (Only builds audio files.)
8. Fixed: Double ampersand's (&&) appearing in phrases throughout MC.
9. Fixed: MC could use old iPod image specifications after the firmware is updated by iTunes.
10. Fixed: MC's iPod firmware update utility could report the wrong current firmware version.
11. Fixed: Recommendation system was garbling non-Latin characters in the returned information. Tracks in the database are ok.
12. Changed: For Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 (and some other TV device with hardware compression to MPEG-2), Legacy Video Renderer is used for time-shifting instead of VMR9 if user chooses to use software compression filters (i.e. not using MPEG-2). This solves the problem of bad video when using DivX compressor.
13. NEW: (Experimental, may not work and may be removed) Hauppauge WinTV HVR 1600 can record/time-shift using a software compressor.
14. Fixed: Initialize iPod was not working for the iPhone and iPod Touch.

12.0.468 (3/31/2008)

1. Fixed: Get Cover Art could draw incorrectly when resizing.
2. Changed: Revised how searching works for the files list below artists, albums, etc. in the library.
3. Fixed: Searching could steal the focus from the search box in some library views.
4. Changed: Show Stacks on view menu changed to Show Fanned Thumbnails.
5. NEW: Show Stack Indicator on Thumbnail option added to view.
6. Changed: In Get Cover Art, renamed "Existing" to "Your library".
7. Fixed: MC always wants to resync photos on iPods (introduced in 12.0.467).
8. Fixed: Tooltips could incorrectly appear when a right-click menu was showing.
9. Fixed: Keyboard navigation would not work nicely around grouping items in lists.
10. Fixed: Maximized windows could fail to render the two right-most pixels.
11. Changed: Rename Files From Properties dialog preview can handle hundreds of thousands of files without slowing the dialog down.
12. NEW: Added a full-size preview tooltip to the Get Cover Art results.
13. Changed: TV does not allow seeking / jumping to within 2 seconds of the live time.
14. Changed: Pane headers better resize to accomodate large fonts.
15. Fixed: Options dialog page picker could use incorrect colors for some skins.
16. Fixed: The "Alt" key would not properly draw underlines in a menu.

edbro

Re: Media Center 12.0.470
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 11:02:33 am »

9. Fixed: MC could use old iPod image specifications after the firmware is updated by iTunes.
I am still getting a blank screen when trying to view a photo on my Classic 80GB. I am running MC 12.0.470 on a fresh install of Vista SP1. I have reinitialized the iPod at Swellguy's suggestion but that didn't work either.

tolisn

• Recent member
problem with rotating cube in Theater View
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 01:21:42 pm »

rjm

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 10:45:36 pm »

Just updated from 447 to 470. I noticed a nice performance improvement when selecting a view. Thank you.

maoz

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 02:20:35 am »

Still have problem to sync my Archos 605.

If I uncheck "delete form hendhald.." option then MC just sync again part of my files that are allready in the Archos.
check the delete option and pressing  "Recheck sync" and MC like to delete and resync most of the files..
for the rest it's indicate in status column: "Duplicate" / "In Queue" / "Delete on Sync".. ALL for the same file name... so when I sort the sync list by name, I get the sme file name 3 times with a different status each time.

I really appreciate a solution for this problem.

Thx.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 09:44:17 am »

MC's (and MJ's) Artist Info has been an issue for me:

When used from the upper toolbar, AMG brings up 'garbage' apparently due to syntax non-interoperability,
results in a search for "Ani DiFranco - Little Plastic Castles" yields:

ANI DIFRANCO-AD-ALBUM=LITTLE PLASTIC CASTLE-AD-TITLE=LITTLE PLASTIC CASTLE

which does not bring up the Artist at AMG, but rather brings up the following:
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?P=amg&sql=Ani|DiFranco-AD-Album=Little|Plastic|Castle-AD-Title=Little|Plastic|Castle&opt1=1
and which shows over 2 dozen erroneous entries before the correct artist appears in the list (and which sometimes does not appear at all).

Please look at this as I find it is much easier to tag [Styles] from AMG using a seperate browser, thus the need for the upper toolbar "Artist Info" usage.
. . . the game is rigged

Crispin Crunch

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 09:10:59 pm »

I really need help here.  I just upgraded to .470 earlier today and have still been unable to successfully sync my iPhone.  I have tried numerous restores of the iPhone but after waiting 30-40 minutes for a sync to complete, each time I am disappointed to find out that no files were actually transferred to the iPhone.  Worse, now MC completely freezes after completing the "sync" and the program must be shutdown with the "End Task".

I was soooo happy when I was able to sync once a few weeks ago, with build .460 or .465 I think.  MC's random capability is leaps and bounds above anything iTunes is able to offer.  Same goes a dozens of other features.
At one point I tried exporting a playlist culled with MC and importing it with iTunes as a way to get a decent selection of music into the iPhone.  Apparently, iTunes is unable to sync files from a playlist even if the files actually exist in the iTunes library. (sigh)

If I go back to .450 there is no iPhone support available with that build, right?  Anything I can provide that might help make this funtionality available in the near future?  error logs?  specs?
reprazentin\\\' fo da MC

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 04:37:34 pm »

I really need help here.  I just upgraded to .470 earlier today and have still been unable to successfully sync my iPhone.  I have tried numerous restores of the iPhone but after waiting 30-40 minutes for a sync to complete, each time I am disappointed to find out that no files were actually transferred to the iPhone.  Worse, now MC completely freezes after completing the "sync" and the program must be shutdown with the "End Task".

You need to restart the phone after a sync for content to show up.  This is a known issue that we hope to workaround in a future release.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2008, 06:13:18 pm »

Still seeing these  ?

Crispin Crunch

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 01:50:45 am »

You need to restart the phone after a sync for content to show up.  This is a known issue that we hope to workaround in a future release.

Matt,
No luck.  I tried a sync with .470 which completed successfully.  However, undocking the iPhone or attempting to close MC afterwards caused an application freeze; needed to close via "End Task". 
Upon restart of the iPhone, only 3 songs were synced.  All of the photos in the synce were seemingly loaded on the iPhone.

I uninstalled .470, shutdown and then loaded .468 as this was the last build I could find that had successfully allowed me to sync files without issue.  No luck with that either.  Same freeze issue.  Restarted the iPhone, same lack of files transferred.  Any thoughts?
When you say restart the iPhone, do you mean while it is still in the dock plugged into a USB port, with MC still open?
reprazentin\\\' fo da MC

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2008, 01:38:42 am »

Reported this one earlier:

I am using the PixOs skin with a Negative Effect.
When i go to Drives & Devices and select a drive the files a shown.
At the bottom there will be a box with different selection possibilities: 'single folder', 'recursive' and 2 more.
In this version of MC that box is totally white (white font on white background). Only after selecting the box the options get visible.

The same for the area on the right of the options for the Last FM plugin. It shows up white, but should be dark.
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2008, 03:37:28 am »

Still seeing these  ?

Me to!

MCconvert

• Recent member
Can't Burn with Media Center 12.0.470
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2008, 01:36:40 pm »

I am still looking for a solution to my problem.

I have upgraded from MC 451 to MC 470 and have the following system:

Media Center 12.0.470 Registered -- C:\Program Files\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2993 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 156 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.11 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright ᄅ 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.60 (1021)

Ripping /   Drive D: MATSHITADVD-RAM UJ-820S   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-820S    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)
  UPnP Server (Active)
-------------------------------

I repeatedly get an "Insert blank CD" message when I try to Burn an audio CD.  MC doesn't recognize my drive or doesn't see that there IS a blank CD inserted.  What do I do?  MC plays from the drive fine and Windows Media will burn as well as Drag 'n Drop.  What's wrong with Media Center?

matt-uk

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2008, 04:20:16 pm »

I've started getting UAC permission dialogs in this version in Vista whenever I try to access/sync my ipod. Had no problems in the last few versions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up