INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Poor quality video playback  (Read 895 times)

gyardley

Poor quality video playback
« on: April 04, 2008, 02:34:43 pm »

hi there,

can anybody with superior computer knowledge help with my MC issue?

I recently bought into MC (v 12.0.451) for the reason of great playback options when it comes to the music side but now I'm trying to explore the video playback, using Xvid's, avi's, mpeg's, PAL's, etc and I'm finding the quality to be somewhat lacking.  I play the same file in Window's Media Player and the image is far superior.

My issue with MC is it's apparent the video playback has a number of horizontal bars, half an inch thick, which merge together to make up the image you see.  This I don't get in Media Player, Nero Player.....Am I up-to-date with the MC codecs for Vista?

I've considered the monitor as the problem but this doesn't give reason to the comparable differences in the two app's.

Is anyone else having these problems....?

Please help, it is a concern.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: poor quality video playback
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 03:01:26 pm »

WMP uses the same DirectShow filters that MC does, so the playback is identical if the filters are the same. 

Please try the Wiki entries on DirectShow and on Video Playback.  See above for the link to our Wiki.

MC's Options/Playback/Video/DirectShow allows you to change the renderer from VMR9 to Legacy, etc.  Try that.   

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: poor quality video playback
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 06:11:46 pm »

You're using Vista? Ok, make sure Aero is ON! Yes, I know... sounds crazy but PQ goes south without it. Another thing to check is that you're using the EVR renderer rather than one of the VMR ones. For Vista, this makes a heck of a difference too. Jim has already said where you can find these settings.

Cheers.

RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation
Pages: [1]   Go Up