INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox 12.0.038 (FREE!)  (Read 3363 times)

DarkPenguin

• Citizen of the Universe
Media Jukebox 12.0.038 (FREE!)
« on: April 09, 2008, 01:51:56 pm »

This is the latest version of Media Jukebox 12.0  Media Jukebox 12 is free.

Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

Media Jukebox can be downloaded here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MJ12/MediaJukebox120038.exe

12.0.38 (4.9.2008)

1. Update: Merged in latest MC12 bug fixes.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Media Jukebox 12.0.038 (FREE!)
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 02:17:59 pm »

Thanks for the new build.

Maybe it would be good to include a complete change log. It is difficult to guess which MC changes are included. Without a change log the users don't know what was fixed and the possibly remaining bugs are less likely to be reported. In addition, the users may get confused about the possibly changed features when they have no idea what to expect.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 02:56:51 pm »

Unlike Media Center, when using the new "Get Cover Art from Internet" feature MJ does not close the window when finished saving, but instead begins another lookup of the same files.
. . . the game is rigged

DarkPenguin

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 03:29:54 pm »

Unlike Media Center, when using the new "Get Cover Art from Internet" feature MJ does not close the window when finished saving, but instead begins another lookup of the same files.

Actually it does it in MC, too.  Looking into it.

Ah!  It is save and continue.  So it only does them in batches.  Once you save the current set it goes on to the next set.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 03:52:00 pm »

Actually it does it in MC, too.  Looking into it.

Ah!  It is save and continue.  So it only does them in batches.  Once you save the current set it goes on to the next set.

Ahh yes, I just noticed as well. Batches, must be an update to how it functions as I had not noticed it in MC during previous uses.  That may explain why it does not crash or freeze as easily as it used to.
. . . the game is rigged

EZ22350

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 03:27:13 am »

I'm really diggin' Media Jukebox 12. I've used all the popular music players and even some unknown like musikCube and MJ12 is the best!  ;D I've been using it about a month to play my ~5000 FLACs and MP3s. BTW, I wish there was an option for the mini player to always be on top and be transparent. Any chance of making this happen?  :)

Doug

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 10:06:36 am »

First - thanks for making this available! I assume the Amazon link makes it possible to make it free. I'm a good example of why it is a good idea for Amazon to sponsor JRiver - for the first time in my life, I'm trying to purchase music on-line. And if it wasn't for the fact that Amazon's system won't sell to Canadians, I would buy from them, and only them, just because of your player.

Now for the bug comment. I'm moving from Musicmatch to MJ and have found that if there is text in the Notes field, it will not import into 12.0.038 (I haven't tried previous versions).  All other fields that I have tried (I have tried many, including Lyrics and Bio) seem to work flawlessly.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 10:42:16 am »

... have found that if there is text in the Notes field, it will not import into 12.0.038
The text doesn't show?  Or the whole file won't import?

If it's just the text, then it's in a field with a different name in the tag.  If you know the name, you can add it to any view.

Doug

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 06:32:51 am »

The text doesn't show?  Or the whole file won't import?

If it's just the text, then it's in a field with a different name in the tag.  If you know the name, you can add it to any view.

Thanks for the comment Jim! The file does import and plays fine. All of the tags I have reviewed also import fine, except for content in the Notes tag. So, everything that was in say, Lyrics, Bios and Mood tags, imports and is visible when I choose "edit tag". The Notes tag is present, but it is empty. I have also tried adding a tag called Notes, but it also proves to be empty. In the left side display panel of MJ, when I choose to display tags, I have chosen to "Show All Tags". The label for the Notes tag is visible in the window, but the tag is empty. I click it and it expands fine - but still empty. The Notes content does not show up in any other tag, even though I have selected to display all.

Hopefully I'm posting this in the right place - if this is getting to lengthy, just ask me to go someplace else! And thanks again - for the comment, and for the player!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 06:40:38 am »

Thanks for the comment Jim! The file does import and plays fine. All of the tags I have reviewed also import fine, except for content in the Notes tag. So, everything that was in say, Lyrics, Bios and Mood tags, imports and is visible when I choose "edit tag". The Notes tag is present, but it is empty.
If the text is there, then the tag field must have a different name.  Try a google search to find out what it is.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2008, 08:47:22 am »

Musicmatch saves its "Notes" field to the standard ID3v2 comment field (at least the v.10 does - I just tried it.)

The contents should appear automatically in the Comment field in MC12 or MJ12.

However, if the field contains several text lines only the first line is correctly displayed in JRiver programs. MC/MJ's Comment field is designed to be able to handle single lines only. You can use the Move / Copy Fields tool for copying the tag values from Comment to Notes. MC/MJ's Notes field is set to "large value" and it can handle multi-line text.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Doug

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2008, 01:16:12 pm »

The contents should appear automatically in the Comment field in MC12 or MJ12.....You can use the Move / Copy Fields tool for copying the tag values from Comment to Notes.

I can't believe I missed the Comment field - you're right, there was the first line, I moved it to Notes and it works GREAT! Not only that, but you can select masses of files at once and transfer the Comments to Notes! Unbelievable!! Thank you, very very much. That's it. This player is great! Thanks again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up