INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.473  (Read 3944 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.473
« on: April 09, 2008, 08:43:11 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120473.exe

12.0.473 (4/9/2008)

1. Changed: After an automatic cover art lookup failure or background audio analysis failure, the player will wait one year to try again instead of thirty days.
2. Changed: The "Get Cover Art" dialog works in batches of albums when doing large lookups.
3. Changed: Slight modifications to how the /NoAssociations installer switch works. (shows page with nothing selected on a fresh install, but can still associate with user selections)

12.0.472 (4/9/2008)

1. Fixed: Access violation in DX video player engine.
2. Changed: Reversed a previous change of using VMR9' "YUV Mixing Mode" for Hauppauge WinTV PRV analog TV devices (and other TV devices using hardware MPEG2 compression). The "YUV Mixing Mode" caused video problem when displaying video on secondary monitor.
3. Changed: Making changes to the Playing Now list using the SDK will update the Playing Now view.
4. Changed: Some stack menu items removed if the selection is not appropriate.
5. Changed: Default for show stack icon is now on.
6. Changed: Stack Icon column for details view is added to the default list.  (Blue stack == collapsed stack.  Red top == expanded stack top.  Red Middle == expanded stack member.)
7. NEW: When copying files to the clipboard, the files will also be added as a format that can be pasted to Explorer for file copying. (text, CSV text, and image still also added to clipboard)
8. Fixed: Restore button (added in build 470) for TV channels did not work.
9. Changed: We automatically convert the old HH Cache to a HH Stack.  (If we have not already done so or given the user the opportunity to do so.)
10. Fixed: Double ampersands (&&) could get drawn in some menus.
11. Fixed: Aspect ratio of images on certain iPods was not correct.
12. Fixed: EXIF rotation would not be honored on an iPod.
13. NEW: Added Sweden DVB-T frequency table.
14. Fixed: In-place editing in the lists was incorrectly possible in the get cover art dialog.
15. Changed: When leaving a library view, tagging mode is switched off instead of staying on for the duration of the session.
16. Changed: Renamed "Tagging Mode" to "Pane Tagging".
17. Fixed: Photo thumbnails show up correctly on an iPod but clicking on them shows a blank screen.
18. Changed: Scheduled TV recording now respects the name entered by user on Media Scheduler.
19. Changed: Reworked how circular smartlist references are handled to fix a few corner case issues.
20. Fixed: A shell-extension import could fail with a warning message if any auto-import tasks were running in the background.
21. Fixed: When playing audio using Wave Out, the volume control would not always control the correct line if the "Default" line was used instead of a specific line.
22. Fixed: Image editor status bar was not working.
23. Changed: Image editor displays zoom level as a percentage instead of a ratio (like regular image playback).
24. Changed: Image editor uses standard zoom stops when zooming in or out. (i.e. 15%, 20%, 30%, 40%, etc.)
25. Fixed: Image editor did not correctly handle coordinates when an image was fully zoomed out, causing strange tool behavior.
26. Fixed: Image editor could draw a border on and image that was the wrong color.
27. Fixed: Revised how image editor renders the screen to be more efficient.
28. Changed: Silent cover art submission (if enabled in options) only submits files between (100x100 to 1250x1250, and less than 500kb).
29. Fixed: When pasting a cover art change to files as image data instead of from a URL the change would not be submitted to YADB.
30. Changed: When manual cover art submission finishes, it shows a statusbar message but no popup message.
31. Updated: Stack icons.
32. Fixed: Ipod transfer was not working under vista when run as a normal user.
33. Changed: Tweaks to how likely radio playback is to repeat a song.

12.0.471 (internal release)

12.0.470 (4/4/2008)

1. Changed: Default for show stack icon is now off.
2. Fixed: Arrow buttons did not work when playing DVD "extra features" that require user interaction.
3. NEW: Added "DVD Menu" to OSD menu.
4. NEW: Stack Icon column available for details view.  (Not by default.  It is in the column list.  Better artwork in future builds.)
5. Changed: Digital TV channels' registry location is changed. This should be transparent to users.
6. NEW: Backup and Restore buttons on TV Channels property page, to backup TV channels to a disk file, and to restore them from the disk file.
7. NEW: The handheld conversion cache stack will save video conversions.

12.0.469 (4/2/2008)

1. Changed: Grouping file items no longer draw a stack overlay.
2. Changed: Stack right click submenu only appears when viewing a file.
3. Fixed: Remapped field names for iTunes playlist importing.
4. Fixed: User's choice of not using JRiver Audio Renderer for DirectShow playback of Wav files was not honored.
5. Changed: If stacks are used as the handheld cache any stacked mp3 file will be used if none is found under the stack directory.
6. NEW: Filters from "DMO Audio Effect" and "DMO Video Effect" categories are added to the list of transform filters for DirectShow playback.
7. NEW: Added "build cache" option to the handheld cache options.  (Only builds audio files.)
8. Fixed: Double ampersand's (&&) appearing in phrases throughout MC.
9. Fixed: MC could use old iPod image specifications after the firmware is updated by iTunes.
10. Fixed: MC's iPod firmware update utility could report the wrong current firmware version.
11. Fixed: Recommendation system was garbling non-Latin characters in the returned information. Tracks in the database are ok.
12. Changed: For Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 (and some other TV device with hardware compression to MPEG-2), Legacy Video Renderer is used for time-shifting instead of VMR9 if user chooses to use software compression filters (i.e. not using MPEG-2). This solves the problem of bad video when using DivX compressor.
13. NEW: (Experimental, may not work and may be removed) Hauppauge WinTV HVR 1600 can record/time-shift using a software compressor.
14. Fixed: Initialize iPod was not working for the iPhone and iPod Touch.

12.0.468 (3/31/2008)

1. Fixed: Get Cover Art could draw incorrectly when resizing.
2. Changed: Revised how searching works for the files list below artists, albums, etc. in the library.
3. Fixed: Searching could steal the focus from the search box in some library views.
4. Changed: Show Stacks on view menu changed to Show Fanned Thumbnails.
5. NEW: Show Stack Indicator on Thumbnail option added to view.
6. Changed: In Get Cover Art, renamed "Existing" to "Your library".
7. Fixed: MC always wants to resync photos on iPods (introduced in 12.0.467).
8. Fixed: Tooltips could incorrectly appear when a right-click menu was showing.
9. Fixed: Keyboard navigation would not work nicely around grouping items in lists.
10. Fixed: Maximized windows could fail to render the two right-most pixels.
11. Changed: Rename Files From Properties dialog preview can handle hundreds of thousands of files without slowing the dialog down.
12. NEW: Added a full-size preview tooltip to the Get Cover Art results.
13. Changed: TV does not allow seeking / jumping to within 2 seconds of the live time.
14. Changed: Pane headers better resize to accomodate large fonts.
15. Fixed: Options dialog page picker could use incorrect colors for some skins.
16. Fixed: The "Alt" key would not properly draw underlines in a menu.

eba

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 12.0.473
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 08:02:09 am »

The last couple of builds (at least) I've noticed that whenever I view an image, upon exiting display mode the focus returns to the first tab, regardless of what tab it was on beforehand.
Recent bug?  Just me?

New Vermaje

• World Citizen
Media Center 12.0.473
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 09:46:40 am »

Hi !

There is a little bug : Shell Integration ("enable" in Options) don't work.

Please fix this.

Thanks

Jean-Marc

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 10:27:22 am »

There is a little bug : Shell Integration ("enable" in Options) don't work.
Please try a reboot.

New Vermaje

• World Citizen
Media Center 12.0.473
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 11:18:35 am »

HI !

After Reboot, Shell integration works well !

Thanks

Jean-Marc

(in my Options "shell integration" was enable since the 1° World War, I don't understand why I must reboot my PC now ??)

RiderFan

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 03:00:05 pm »

17. Fixed: Photo thumbnails show up correctly on an iPod but clicking on them shows a blank screen.

This issue is still not fixed.

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 04:11:05 pm »

This issue went away for me in build .470. I didn't do anything but added new images and they displayed, granted, the were left aligned when viewing the images, but at least I can see them. I haven't tried re-initializing the iPod as I read that this fixes it. Maybe it will help you.

edbro

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 05:37:46 pm »

It does not work for me either. Same black screen.

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 05:45:22 pm »

9. Changed: We automatically convert the old HH Cache to a HH Stack.  (If we have not already done so or given the user the opportunity to do so.)

When/how should this happen? After syncing, I still have my old cache with more than 20GB in it. Perhaps this happens on a track by track basis when it is synced.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 08:46:57 pm »

MC's (and MJ's) Artist Info has been an issue for me:

When used from the upper toolbar, AMG brings up 'garbage' apparently due to syntax non-interoperability,
on a search for "Jefferson Airplane - Long John Silver" AMG shows a search for:

JEFFERSON AIRPLANE-AD-ALBUM=LONG JOHN SILVER-AD-TITLE=EASTER

which does not bring up the Artist at AMG, but rather brings up a bunch of other stuff
Please look at this as I find it is much easier to tag [Styles] from AMG using a seperate browser, thus the need for the upper toolbar "Artist Info" usage.
. . . the game is rigged

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2008, 08:59:04 am »

With the current build I am given 2 Vista UAC access prompts when I connect my iPod.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2008, 09:35:09 am »

With the current build I am given 2 Vista UAC access prompts when I connect my iPod.

Are you sure you have 473 installed?  This should not happen with 473, but may have with older builds.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2008, 01:40:05 pm »

Just ran a Library Sync for the first time since it was first introduced, when I had run it and had a few problems.  This time it worked brilliantly :D

One small bug tho:
Smartlists using the rule 'Playlists is not any' were converted to 'Playlists is any'

RiderFan

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2008, 01:59:34 pm »

I noticed this too.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2008, 11:09:09 pm »

Are you sure you have 473 installed?  This should not happen with 473, but may have with older builds.

Thanks.

Still on 470 - missed the 473 build release.  Installed 473 and the UAC prompts are gone.  Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up