INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto Update links/file& folders not Removing etc  (Read 1392 times)

grandalf

Auto Update links/file& folders not Removing etc
« on: April 13, 2008, 11:01:25 pm »

It seams no matter what I do, if i remove a folder or rename it or update a video if always seams to come back at the end of the auto update with could not import or remove etc some files might be 10 or 20 random number and does not display why this was so either. Also mainly if i remove a folder from one of the auto scanning folders i have setup ie: videos/pictures etc set under options to check, it wont remove this from the theatre view video/folders listings.? I am always using the disklocation view on our network, but it continues to show old folders which were removed on the network but no tfrom jrivers listings in theatre view. Do i have to set the options somehow either on or off so it will refect the changes.
Everything is default at this time, other than i have added in my video/music/pictures folders in jriver.??
Using jriver 12.xx latest version updated.

Bulkhead

• Recent member
Re: Auto Update links/file& folders not Removing etc
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 04:54:10 pm »

I am having the same issue. I have specified the specific folders I want content to be auto-imported from. HOWEVER, everything is being imported. I mean everything.

Is the default to include everything thereby requiring me to specify what is to be excluded?  I can tell you I have many more places to be excluded for images, music and video, than I do to be included...

Please tell me there is an easy setting to be made.

thanks much for your assistance.
Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead....

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 05:08:59 pm »

In MC's options for Library, check how you have auto-import set.  In the same place you can include or exclude directories.

Bulkhead

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 01:01:43 pm »

Thanks for the reply Jim - it is greatly appreciated.

I have checked how I have it set and am sure I am missing something.

I dont' see where I can specify to search subfolders. Can I tell Media Center to NOT search subfolders?  Is it configured to do this by default?

Do I have to specify every folder I DON'T want Media Center to search??

Thanks for your patience, support and guidance.

Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead....

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 03:33:35 pm »

That's correct.  Here's an example of what I have set:

Auto-import these:
c:\images
c:\video
c:\music
MC will import all sub-folders of these three.

But exclude this:
c:\music\cover art

MC can also move your files for you once they have been imported.  It's under Tools/Library Tools/Rename Files from Properties.  Also called Move, Copy, or Rename in recent builds.

Maybe you could give an example of where your media is stored and what you expect.
Pages: [1]   Go Up