INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Amateur Status! How can I retrieve the missing tag information?  (Read 1033 times)

Eldan

I have been using MC for a couple of months now (i think its mega!) and have persuaded several of my friends to convert.

I have mainly been using it to play music, and have over 17,000 tracks. My library is reasonable organised with the basic tags and art work completed.

Having read various posts and simply just messing around with the program i realise there is a lot more i could be doing with program and have taken the plunge and imported my videos and photos.

I now want to take the next step towards making my life complete and shake off my 'Amateur Status'!!! But before i do this i need to organise my library/tags a lot better. This will enable me to create smartlists, stacks etc plus a lot more things that i don't even know about.

So basically what i am asking is there anyway, by perhaps using a plugin, that i can retrieve the missing tag information for audio and video from any source as doing it all manually is going to take forever. I realise i will have to tag the photos myself as its personal info but if there is any easy way of doing it, please let me know. I have tried using look up track info from YADB but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Please be gentle with me, as i am not the most computer literate of people, so you answers will have to be for a simpleton!

Thanks in advance for you help, because if i have to do it manually, i will be become obsessed with doing it, end up skipping work and probable get the sack, my girlfriend will leave me cause i have no job and my life will be over as i know it!!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Amateur Status! How can I retrieve the missing tag information?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 07:52:00 am »

Welcome to the forum.  The first thing you can do is download the latest build.  It's on the download page now.  It has improved cover art retrieval.
Pages: [1]   Go Up