INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transferring from Ipod to Hard drive?  (Read 1906 times)

jack wallstreet

• Citizen of the Universe
Transferring from Ipod to Hard drive?
« on: April 26, 2008, 11:33:28 pm »

I thought I had read in the updates that somewhere in the last month or so, one update added transferring from a handheld to a hard drive.

I tried that today and it transfers just fine (I created a handheld that was a hard drive directory).  It seems to work like it always did - everyhting transfers but the filename. 

does Mc12 allow the user to go from handheld to hard drive AND capture the correct filename?
John

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Transferring from Ipod to Hard drive?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 07:52:24 am »

I tried that today and it transfers just fine (I created a handheld that was a hard drive directory).  It seems to work like it always did - everyhting transfers but the filename. 
You could use right click on a few files and use the option in Library Tools to do Rename File from Properties (if the files have good tags).

jack wallstreet

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 08:57:49 am »

Thanks Jim,

That sounds like a good idea.  I was about to try that and found an even better way.  I am wondering if this "better way" is the new feature recently added (can't find the overall MC 12 change history list so can't verify).

1. Select all files on Ipod (handheld) you want to transfer
2. Right click and select "transfer to PC" from the right click options (Is this the new feature)
3. Select your options on the dialog box that comes up and hit the transfer button
4. Poof - all transferred

Wow!
John

SwellGuy

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 11:33:12 am »

That's it. Let us know how it works for you...

JTBurn

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 10:00:04 am »

This does not work with the iTouch, correct? I mean the right click transfer thing. Thanks Jim.
JT

SwellGuy

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 11:26:27 am »

Correct.

olarte

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 01:22:04 pm »

Thanks Jim,

That sounds like a good idea.  I was about to try that and found an even better way.  I am wondering if this "better way" is the new feature recently added (can't find the overall MC 12 change history list so can't verify).

1. Select all files on Ipod (handheld) you want to transfer
2. Right click and select "transfer to PC" from the right click options (Is this the new feature)
3. Select your options on the dialog box that comes up and hit the transfer button
4. Poof - all transferred

Wow!

VERY VERY nice, It works great on my Ipod 160gb classic. Much better and faster than using Sharepod.

Now if you would only support the ability to rename, manage the on the fly playlists created on the ipod... please???
Pages: [1]   Go Up