INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Resolving Tagging Errors and Analyze Audio Errors  (Read 1155 times)

globetrotters1

• Citizen of the Universe
Resolving Tagging Errors and Analyze Audio Errors
« on: May 02, 2008, 03:41:28 am »

During my import work of my music I encountered several "tagging error" messages and "analyze audio has been stopped" messages. The files (usually mp3 files) are not "read only", are not corrupt (can be played by foobar2000), they just can't be accessed by MC...

In the meanwhile I tried almost everything which came to my mind - to no avail...

no worries, I also searched the forum for solutions, but nothing helps...

any good hints? I'd appreciate them for sure  :)

which also leads me to an interesting question: is there any kind of hidden function available to check the database for inconsistencies? even print a list of 'problem cases' to solve? would be very cool (as it's very hard to find these cases in a database of over 100'000 music tracks)! same problem is a list of tracks which have NOT been imported and the cause, not just "imported 336 files, 2 couldn't be imported"! or could those cases be written in a special playlist with a name like "recently failed to import" or "recently failed to analyze" or "recently failed to play" with the exact position in the database and the cause?

thanks for a response!

globetrotters1

Re: Resolving Tagging Errors and Analyze Audio Errors
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 06:21:57 am »

bump

no comment on this? no practical hints?

would be nice...   :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 06:28:13 am »

What build are you using?  A couple of bugs have been fixed recently that could affect this.

globetrotters1

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 11:11:01 am »

Hi Jim,

I used build 456 or so, but did this morning a clean new install of build 490 - and I'll try to find out if I have the same troubles (I admit, I have not many 'problem cases')

The interesting fact is that I could play the tracks (and also tag them) with foobar2000 which I couldn't play/tag with MC  ?  very astounding for me as I made very good experiences with MC... but I certainly let you know what I can find out

And I also would be interested to hear a comment on my suggestion (see above) concerning some kind of report/list of all the tracks which cause problems and why... I think, that this might help the whole community! Probably I can solve a part with the cool smartlist feature, who knows?!

Thanks for your support!
Appreciated!!

Martin

globetrotters1

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 09:13:31 am »

I installed 12.0.492 these days and tried to analyze the whole database (which means only the music tracks which had not been analyzed before - due to some error messages and such) and alas... now it could analyze almost all of the 'faulty' tracks too!

I also found out that you added something I was missing for a long time: the in-depth analysis list of the tracks which had not been imported. It doesn't say why, but at least there is a list and I can deal with these errors much better than before. Thanks for that!
Pages: [1]   Go Up