INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing Images with music?  (Read 2040 times)

pecorp

• Recent member
Playing Images with music?
« on: May 01, 2008, 09:46:41 pm »

I have 19 images that I would like to play in a slide show with a song playing as well. What settings do I use to get this done. Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Playing Images with music?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 09:54:49 pm »

Put them all in a playlist and play it.

drc

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 09:04:26 am »

Jim,

I had a similar request regarding image showing while music playing (just a recommendation to consider for future release).

MusicMatch has a similar feature where you can have the images appear as a wallpaer while, in this case, MC 12 is minimized.  Great feature.  Again maybe it somethingto consider during future release.

For your other readers you currently can view the image on your desktop but when the music change the previous image is still there.

Thanks keep up the good work!

tommyd

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 04:13:40 pm »

Put them all in a playlist and play it.

Is it possible to have it other way? I mean image from playlist is displayed until playback reaches  next image on  playlist.

rossp

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 04:13:28 am »

The '3D Visulizations/Image Cube' can do this in a cube effect.
Create a '3D Visulization Cube' playlist and add you images to it.

Ross

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 04:28:40 am »

The '3D Visulizations/Image Cube' can do this in a cube effect.

Do what?

I am guessing, but possibly tommyd would like to include image files here and there in an audio playlist and change the displayd image only when a new image item has its turn in the playlist.

It has always been possible to play image files in a slideshow during music playback, but MC does not have any tools for synchronizing image playback with audio files.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

rossp

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 05:24:59 am »

Oh my bad....

Ross

tommyd

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2008, 10:07:37 am »

Do what?

I am guessing, but possibly tommyd would like to include image files here and there in an audio playlist and change the displayd image only when a new image item has its turn in the playlist.

Exactly.

It has always been possible to play image files in a slideshow during music playback, but MC does not have any tools for synchronizing image playback with audio files.

I've been testing another program for few weeks and managed to achieve similar functionality using some VBScript (but another program has built-in scripting) and external image viewer.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2008, 11:11:19 am »

While not a solution for the OP, I reckon we could make more mention of the "3D Visualization Images" playlist mentioned by Ross and still remain on topic, namely, playing images with music.

The feature that Ross is referring to does not get much mention on the forums and might be of interest to others reading:

Ross suggests making a playlist and adding image files to it, but I prefer to use a smartlist, that way, I get fresh pictures every time, and also, I prefer to use the "slideshow" preset, rather than the "picture cube".

It doesn't matter where you place the play list or smart list within the playlists node so long as it's named 3D Visualization Images

If you use a play list, then you'll need to add pictures to the list manually.
If you use a smart list, then you can get really neat results, and never really need to visit the smart list ever again!!

Once the list has been set up, start playing some music, then right click in the display window and choose "3D visualizations > Slideshow"
One drawback here is that it does not deal with portrait shots at all, showing them all on their sides. If that bothers you as much as it did me, it's possible to just exclude all portait shots from the list using the rule: [=isequal([width],[height],5)]=1

Once created, the 3D viz presets "Picture Terrain", "Image Cube" and "Slideshow" will all draw images from this list.
Picture Terrain is a bit mad, I don't use it!!

-marko.
Pages: [1]   Go Up