INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video renderer  (Read 3149 times)

SeaDrive

• World Citizen
Video renderer
« on: May 15, 2008, 11:22:33 am »

I'm looking for a better video renderer than VMR9. EVR works better but freezes MC when seeking through a video file. I was attempting to test te Haali Renderer but can't seem to find it on my systems. At first I was under the impression that it was installed with MC as per a previous release note. Just in case I was wrong I downloaded and installed the latest version of Haali Media Splitter which shoul dincluse the Haali Video Renderer. In both cases the renderer is not listed as a Directshow renderer option.

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
Re: Video renderer
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 12:34:16 pm »

It should be visible when you've downloaded it. It's not automatically installed with MC. I have Haali installed, and I can chose that as the renderer for both MKV and DiVX, which are the types of files I checked.
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

SeaDrive

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 12:48:51 pm »

I did install the Haali Video Splitter package which is supposed to include the Video Renderer. I tried Dixv, MPG, MP4, etc. Although I can select the filter for Haali Video Splitter the only renderers listed in th elower left are VMR7, VMR9, Legacy Video Renderer and EVR. I tried this on 2 different systems with the same results.

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 12:50:51 pm »

Very strange. I have it on my two systems. Did you do a restart of the computer after installing them?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 01:02:02 pm »

How about installing CCCP, instead of Haali package alone. CCCP includes Haali. Haali Video Renderer is definitely there.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

SeaDrive

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 01:11:02 pm »

I did restart already. I just installed the latest CCCP and made sure the Haali Video Splitter was selected. Still no renderer in the Directshow settings.

SeaDrive

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 01:12:30 pm »

I should add that the Haali Renderer is an option in Zoom Player.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 02:13:12 pm »

Haali renderer was not included as part of MC recently; it was the ability to use it.
Also, please make sure you're using the latest version of MC: 12.0.497 at this time. The ability to see and use Haali renderer was added just a few versions ago.

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 02:29:20 pm »

You only have to download the Matroska splitter (the names have been changed to protect the guilty) from http://haali.cs.msu.ru/mkv/MatroskaSplitter.exe and that's it. I don't think I've seen the renderer seperatly. But good catch on the version, he's probably got one that's from before Haali was added as an option.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 02:41:11 pm »

You only have to download the Matroska splitter (the names have been changed to protect the guilty) from http://haali.cs.msu.ru/mkv/MatroskaSplitter.exe and that's it. I don't think I've seen the renderer seperatly. But good catch on the version, he's probably got one that's from before Haali was added as an option.

Your correction was noted, read, not believed, checked out for myself, found to be true and unhappily agreed with.  :D

SeaDrive

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 02:49:26 pm »

The version was the culprit. I was only a couple versions behind but didn't realize it was such a recent addition.

Thanks to all..

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 02:55:18 pm »

One nil to the Fitbrit! :D Or we can call it even... I was right about the renderer, but you found the problem. OK, 2-1 to you!  ;D

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2008, 03:23:58 pm »

The version was the culprit. I was only a couple versions behind but didn't realize it was such a recent addition.

Thanks to all..

You're welcome. The MC people bring out new fixes/versions so quickly. Sometimes, by the time I'm about to install a version I downloaded 2-3 days before, a new one is out! I hope you like Haali's renderer. For me my tearing issues are all but gone. I do revert back to VMR9 to get accurate screenshots though, and if I forget to return to Haali, I soon notice it in my PQ.

SeaDrive

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2008, 10:00:58 am »

Wathed a movie last night and the quality is much better.

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2008, 02:39:35 pm »

Yep. You've basically have overlay at the bottom, then VMR7, VMR9, Haali and EVR. The step is the largest from VMR9 to Haali, and a babystep up past that to EVR.
Pages: [1]   Go Up