INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto-Import Not Auto-Importing From Network Drives  (Read 1063 times)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Auto-Import Not Auto-Importing From Network Drives
« on: May 27, 2008, 09:43:45 am »

The topic pretty much says it all.  I have my auto-import settings set to check a few different network locations on my HTPC for new media.  It used to work pretty well, and it certainly does catch new files on local disks.  However, now I have to manually initiate the "Run Auto-Import Now" function to get it to find the new media on the network drives!

I have no idea when this started.  I noticed it recently because I moved basically all of my media files back off onto a network server.  From January through the end of April (or so) I had been running with my HTPC using local disks to store most of the media, while I reconfigured the rest of my network and my other machines.  The server is back up and running now though, and I've noticed that since I moved everything back over there, MC isn't auto-importing new encodes and downloads anymore.  I do have a "fair" selection of watched folders (mostly a few different folders on my two different network drives), but nothing absurd.

Anyone else?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Auto-Import Not Auto-Importing From Network Drives
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 09:45:54 am »

Obvious, but ...

Double check the filetypes you're importing.

Make sure the "Exclude" check box isn't checked.

Import isn't immediate.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: Auto-Import Not Auto-Importing From Network Drives
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 10:02:00 am »

Yeah... The file types are certainly selected (I keep "all" selected -- if anything gets into my media folders by accident I want to know about it), and there's no excludes blocking it.

I'll double-check on the "patience" thing tonight.  I've definitely waited substantially longer than it would have taken with the media on a local drive (and as I said, it is working correctly for the 1 folder I have watched that is still on a local disk).  I'll time it tonight and report back though, because I don't have any "data point" to offer at this moment.

If it is actually working, it is substantially slower than it used to be way back when (and is also slower than local media by a long shot).  I've also tried closing and re-opening MC, and the files still didn't show up (and doesn't it always run the check on startup?)...

BTW... The network is a gigabit network and it performs quite well.  The import delay isn't limited to huge folder trees or folders with lots of big files (my "new" folder is usually almost empty).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up