INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.510  (Read 3135 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.510
« on: June 04, 2008, 02:52:14 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120510.exe

12.0.510 (6/2/2008)

1. Fixed: Tree skinning would not properly support a background image (only applies to last build).
2. Fixed: Panes on the sides of a view would not show all headers (only applies to last build).
3. Fixed: Stability / thumbnail problem affecting build 509.

12.0.509 (5/30/2008)

1. Fixed: Shell extensions could crash.

12.0.508 (5/30/2008)

1. NEW: Panes On Top (thin) alphabet is replaced by a search box. (alphabet still available from search box drop menu)
2. Optimized: Panes On Top (thin) fill on-demand so they take no measurable overhead in a view until used.
3. Changed: Tuned how searching works when there is a pane selection.
4. Fixed: Setting cover art on a collapsed stack would fail if cover art was set to be saved in the same folder as the file.
5. Optimized: Loading and unloading a large database is faster.
6. Fixed: If convert if necessary was set the build cache function would create the cache file even if it wasn't needed.

12.0.507 (5/28/2008)

1. NEW: Added new Panes mode "Panes On Top (thin)" available in the View header > Options menu for any library view.
2. Fixed: Copying out of some multi-line edits and pasting into an external program would not preserve line breaks.
3. Fixed: Searching for image file is "Inside File" didn't work.
4. Fixed: FLV splitter installer was looking for previously installed file in wrong folder.
5. Fixed: Multi-channel files could fail to play on some Vista sound devices when using Direct Sound playback.
6. Fixed: Podcasting engine was not updating the user interface properly after some changes.
7. Changed: Internal changes to JRReader, and components that use it, removed obsolete interface (IGeneralReader). (Should be internal change only.)
8. Fixed: Podcasting engine would sometime underestimate disc space available.
9. Changed: DirectShow source filter enumeration is now done in a JRWorker process.
10. Fixed: Logging bug in JRWorker.
11. NEW: When using "Panes On Top (thin)" an alphabet is presented in the drop list if there are more than 100 items.

12.0.506 (5/27/2008)

1. Fixed: Shift+Up/Down would not work as expected in some multi-line edit boxes.
2. Fixed: Theater View thumbnail views could scroll slowly.
3. Fixed: File lists in Theater View could display with overlapping borders and text.
4. Fixed: The Theater View weather configuration dialog was not working properly.
5. Fixed: Showing full page thumbnails, then switching to Details would show an incorrect view.
6. Changed: Pane auto-sizing more elegantly handles outliers.
7. Fixed: Grayed checkboxes weren't drawing properly in Action Window > Tag lists.
8. Changed: When opening a list-type field in the Tag Action Window, the keyboard focus will be in the value list instead of the edit.
9. Fixed: The option to delete files not in sync was not working properly for iPods.
10. Fixed: Smartlist durations like hours, minutes, seconds would not work properly when using a non-English language.
11. Optimized: Improved performance of starting large tagging jobs.
12. Fixed: Some commands like toggling pane tagging would route to the first view in a split view instead of the active view.
13. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar & Daniel2k).
14. Fixed: List-type fields that used a comma were being incorrectly parsed.
15. Fixed: Podcasting would sometimes incorrectly display "No Internet connection"
16. Fixed: In-place editing of list-type fields could cause a crash.
17. Changed: Several usability enhancements to in-place list field editing.
18. Changed: Revised the tooltip timings to be less aggressive.

12.0.505 (5/23/2008)

1. Fixed: Some read-only edit controls in the Smartlist editor would allow typing.
2. Changed: Thubmnail read-ahead caching will never use more than 1/8 of available physical memory. (again, all memory is released on view switch or minimize of the program)
3. NEW: Xvid file type is added to File Associations and DX playback types.
4. Fixed: Smartlist editor not handling the Keywords, People, Places and Events fields correctly.
5. Fixed(?): Handheld cache builder was confused tagwise.
6. Changed: Internal changes to JRReader (should be internal change only).
7. Fixed: Popup dialogs could appear at the top left corner of the screen in some cases.
8. Fixed: Slow-double click in the tree would allow renaming items that couldn't be renamed.
9. Fixed: Podcasting could stop downloading if a network error occurred.
10. Fixed: When viewing a grouped details view, the thumbnail image could fill in row-by-row instead of all at once.
11. Optimized: Revised how thumbnails are queued in details lists to help performance.

12.0.504 (5/20/2008)

1. Fixed: The enter key was not properly supported in some large edit controls.
2. Fixed: Vertical scrolling was not possible in some large edit controls.
3. Changed: Tweaked how large edit values like notes, lyrics, etc. are displayed in the Tag Action Window.
4. Fixed: Auto-truncation tooltips could be shifted slightly upwards in file lists.
5. Changed: Tooltips better handle long strings.
6. Changed: Translation files updated.
7. Fixed: Handheld cache builder wasn't writing tags to the files.

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 12.0.510
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 04:25:11 pm »

i noticed this in .504 and it's still happening in .510 ---

when i analyze audio multiple files at a time, the program tends to lock up frequently.

TreeFrog77

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 04:36:03 pm »

Came from .493 and for some reason do not get any output through the rear speaker out.  I'm using both front and rear speaker connections (only one zone)... one to go to an FM transmitter and one to speakers in the same room as the server.  In all previous builds, this worked fine.  MC just cloned output to front and rear.  In this version, I tried changing all kinds of output settings (including specifically telling it to clone in the DSP Studio --> Output Format), but the only way I could get anything out of the rear channel is to go to Output mode settings... and set Channels: to "Left Rear + Right Rear" (of course I would loose output on the front channel then).

Reverted back to .493 and it went back to cloning on both.

Other Info:
Output mode: Direct Sound
Output mode settings:
   Device: Primary Sound Driver
   Channels: Default Channels

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 06:35:52 pm »

Came from .493 and for some reason do not get any output through the rear speaker out.  I'm using both front and rear speaker connections (only one zone)... one to go to an FM transmitter and one to speakers in the same room as the server.  In all previous builds, this worked fine.  MC just cloned output to front and rear.  In this version, I tried changing all kinds of output settings (including specifically telling it to clone in the DSP Studio --> Output Format), but the only way I could get anything out of the rear channel is to go to Output mode settings... and set Channels: to "Left Rear + Right Rear" (of course I would loose output on the front channel then).

Reverted back to .493 and it went back to cloning on both.

Other Info:
Output mode: Direct Sound
Output mode settings:
   Device: Primary Sound Driver
   Channels: Default Channels

This is from this change:
Fixed: Multi-channel files could fail to play on some Vista sound devices when using Direct Sound playback.

Are you on Vista or XP?  It looks like there may be no general solution that works well on both OS's.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

TreeFrog77

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 07:11:27 pm »

Fixed: Multi-channel files could fail to play on some Vista sound devices when using Direct Sound playback.

Are you on Vista or XP?  It looks like there may be no general solution that works well on both OS's.

XP here.  It'll be quite a while before I use Vista for any of my servers.

I wish my stupid sound card driver (good 'ole realtek ac'97 onboard) had a simple checkbox to clone front and rear, which I've seen many times in other sound card drivers.

If that is the case, then why would using the DSP studio feature I mentioned to clone front and rear still not work?  I never had that enabled before, but in this case it would seem that enabling it to clone front and back would solve my problem, but it doesn't do anything.

P.s. -- I also tried using wave output and other things here and there (besides direct sound) but to no effect.

DougHamm

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 08:33:43 pm »

5. Fixed: Multi-channel files could fail to play on some Vista sound devices when using Direct Sound playback.

THANK YOU!  This is great news...for me, at least!

-Doug

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 03:38:48 am »

Please remember that there are still a lot of us XP users around.  I just build a couple new systems, and I went with XP on both of them for compatibility issues.

Thanks,

Larry

ubernode54

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 08:35:19 am »

I had MC in MiniMode up in the top left corner of my screen, hit Ctrl-O to bring up the options, and the top half of the options window was above my screen, couldn't get to the Menu bar of the options to move it. Had to close options, move the mini window, then open options again.

This even happens in Standard View at it's smallest size.

It appears the options window opens centered to the window. Auto-Import window works the same way.

Would it be possible to put a maximum position for any windows that open up, that would prevent them from opening with the menu bar above the screen?

Thanks!

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 08:51:00 am »

Just a reminder (quotes from the 12.0.504 thread):

When moving files (to new dirs) (within MC, using the left side tree view) MC looses track of files - i.e. the database still points to the old files.

This seems to happen when a folder is moved in the tree (in Drives & Devices). When individual files are selected on the right side and dragged to a new location in the tree the filename paths in the library are changed correctly.

I tried the same with MC11.1.201. It does not have this problem.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Eccles

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Mostly harmless.
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 11:12:03 am »

I had MC in MiniMode up in the top left corner of my screen, hit Ctrl-O to bring up the options, and the top half of the options window was above my screen, couldn't get to the Menu bar of the options to move it. Had to close options, move the mini window, then open options again.

You need to free yourself of your dependence on your mouse - there's another wonderful all-purpose control and input device attached to your PC, called a keyboard.

Hitting Alt-Space will bring up the system menu of the active window - any window, even one that's partially or entirely off-screen - and you can use the cursor keys to select Move and move the window around, hitting Enter once you have it where you want it.

Keyboard shortcuts are a wonderful resource - it's a pity that so many folks these days are completely lost without their rodent.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2008, 02:27:27 pm »

Just a reminder (quotes from the 12.0.504 thread):

When moving files (to new dirs) (within MC, using the left side tree view) MC looses track of files - i.e. the database still points to the old files.

This seems to happen when a folder is moved in the tree (in Drives & Devices). When individual files are selected on the right side and dragged to a new location in the tree the filename paths in the library are changed correctly.

I tried the same with MC11.1.201. It does not have this problem.

So if you move a folder in the tree, it essentially breaks all the links?  This would imply that with Auto Import active (and set to fix broken links), all those files would disappear from the library -- is this correct?  Is it just drag and drop that is effected, or does this also effect renaming folders in the tree?

Thanks,

Larry

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2008, 03:23:36 pm »

Clicking on the main interface as or after the Info message box apears still causes it to become positioned behind the main MC interface, thus causing the appearance of a lock-up. The info box needs to honor 'Always-on-top"
. . . the game is rigged
Pages: [1]   Go Up