INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.512  (Read 5041 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.512
« on: June 06, 2008, 09:36:57 am »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120512.exe

12.0.512 (6/5/2008)

1. Fixed: Track Info pages that linked to other pages wouldn't work properly.
2. Optimized: Core database file access is faster.

12.0.511 (6/5/2008)

1. NEW: In DVD playback with "VMR9 Renderlesss Mode", the renderer switches to fullscreen exclusive mode when MC's display window is maximized.
2. Changed: dts and ac3 files are imported as audio with bare minimum fields if importing using DirectShow fails.
3. Fixed: Popup dialogs could show behind the program if Media Center wasn't focused when they were shown.
4. Changed: Revised how DirectSound routes audio in multi-channel systems.
5. NEW: Added "All Channels" option to DirectSound configuration that may be necessary on some systems to get cloning of stereo to more speakers.
6. Fixed: Foreign comment tags could be unnecessarily removed from the ID3v2 tag during tag saving.
7. Fixed: With Mini View at the corner of the screen, popup dialogs could appear partially off the screen.
8. Fixed: Moving a folder under My Computer in the tree would break the library links.
9. Fixed: "Reset Selection" would always show for panes that performed a filter even with nothing selected. (like Disk Location with a base path, etc.)
10. Fixed: Smartlist Editor was not working properly with list-type fields.

12.0.510 (6/2/2008)

1. Fixed: Tree skinning would not properly support a background image (only applies to last build).
2. Fixed: Panes on the sides of a view would not show all headers (only applies to last build).
3. Fixed: Stability / thumbnail problem affecting build 509.

12.0.509 (5/30/2008)

1. Fixed: Shell extensions could crash.

12.0.508 (5/30/2008)

1. NEW: Panes On Top (thin) alphabet is replaced by a search box. (alphabet still available from search box drop menu)
2. Optimized: Panes On Top (thin) fill on-demand so they take no measurable overhead in a view until used.
3. Changed: Tuned how searching works when there is a pane selection.
4. Fixed: Setting cover art on a collapsed stack would fail if cover art was set to be saved in the same folder as the file.
5. Optimized: Loading and unloading a large database is faster.
6. Fixed: If convert if necessary was set the build cache function would create the cache file even if it wasn't needed.

12.0.507 (5/28/2008)

1. NEW: Added new Panes mode "Panes On Top (thin)" available in the View header > Options menu for any library view.
2. Fixed: Copying out of some multi-line edits and pasting into an external program would not preserve line breaks.
3. Fixed: Searching for image file is "Inside File" didn't work.
4. Fixed: FLV splitter installer was looking for previously installed file in wrong folder.
5. Fixed: Multi-channel files could fail to play on some Vista sound devices when using Direct Sound playback.
6. Fixed: Podcasting engine was not updating the user interface properly after some changes.
7. Changed: Internal changes to JRReader, and components that use it, removed obsolete interface (IGeneralReader). (Should be internal change only.)
8. Fixed: Podcasting engine would sometime underestimate disc space available.
9. Changed: DirectShow source filter enumeration is now done in a JRWorker process.
10. Fixed: Logging bug in JRWorker.
11. NEW: When using "Panes On Top (thin)" an alphabet is presented in the drop list if there are more than 100 items.

12.0.506 (5/27/2008)

1. Fixed: Shift+Up/Down would not work as expected in some multi-line edit boxes.
2. Fixed: Theater View thumbnail views could scroll slowly.
3. Fixed: File lists in Theater View could display with overlapping borders and text.
4. Fixed: The Theater View weather configuration dialog was not working properly.
5. Fixed: Showing full page thumbnails, then switching to Details would show an incorrect view.
6. Changed: Pane auto-sizing more elegantly handles outliers.
7. Fixed: Grayed checkboxes weren't drawing properly in Action Window > Tag lists.
8. Changed: When opening a list-type field in the Tag Action Window, the keyboard focus will be in the value list instead of the edit.
9. Fixed: The option to delete files not in sync was not working properly for iPods.
10. Fixed: Smartlist durations like hours, minutes, seconds would not work properly when using a non-English language.
11. Optimized: Improved performance of starting large tagging jobs.
12. Fixed: Some commands like toggling pane tagging would route to the first view in a split view instead of the active view.
13. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar & Daniel2k).
14. Fixed: List-type fields that used a comma were being incorrectly parsed.
15. Fixed: Podcasting would sometimes incorrectly display "No Internet connection"
16. Fixed: In-place editing of list-type fields could cause a crash.
17. Changed: Several usability enhancements to in-place list field editing.
18. Changed: Revised the tooltip timings to be less aggressive.

12.0.505 (5/23/2008)

1. Fixed: Some read-only edit controls in the Smartlist editor would allow typing.
2. Changed: Thubmnail read-ahead caching will never use more than 1/8 of available physical memory. (again, all memory is released on view switch or minimize of the program)
3. NEW: Xvid file type is added to File Associations and DX playback types.
4. Fixed: Smartlist editor not handling the Keywords, People, Places and Events fields correctly.
5. Fixed(?): Handheld cache builder was confused tagwise.
6. Changed: Internal changes to JRReader (should be internal change only).
7. Fixed: Popup dialogs could appear at the top left corner of the screen in some cases.
8. Fixed: Slow-double click in the tree would allow renaming items that couldn't be renamed.
9. Fixed: Podcasting could stop downloading if a network error occurred.
10. Fixed: When viewing a grouped details view, the thumbnail image could fill in row-by-row instead of all at once.
11. Optimized: Revised how thumbnails are queued in details lists to help performance.

12.0.504 (5/20/2008)

1. Fixed: The enter key was not properly supported in some large edit controls.
2. Fixed: Vertical scrolling was not possible in some large edit controls.
3. Changed: Tweaked how large edit values like notes, lyrics, etc. are displayed in the Tag Action Window.
4. Fixed: Auto-truncation tooltips could be shifted slightly upwards in file lists.
5. Changed: Tooltips better handle long strings.
6. Changed: Translation files updated.
7. Fixed: Handheld cache builder wasn't writing tags to the files.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

TreeFrog77

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Media Center 12.0.512
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 12:22:23 pm »

5. NEW: Added "All Channels" option to DirectSound configuration that may be necessary on some systems to get cloning of stereo to more speakers.

w00t!  What a fast fix.  Works great.  I might note that I didn't have to select the new "All Channels" option.  Just left it on default channels and it works fine (unlike in .510).   :)

ubernode54

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 01:27:20 pm »

12.0.511 (6/5/2008)

7. Fixed: With Mini View at the corner of the screen, popup dialogs could appear partially off the screen.

Thank you.

raldo

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 03:41:10 pm »

After upgrading to 512, syncing with my handheld (WM6 over active sync) doesn't behave as expected.

o All the files in the selected playlist are now in queue
o All the files on the handheld are scheduled for deletion
o I've synced the handheld with this setup (unchanged) in the previously installed release (484 I believe)

I've checked under options that the file "Audio path:" is set to the same as it used to be (Music\[Artist]\[Album]\). I've also checked on my handheld that the files are actually there.

BTW: In the sync details page, all the files on the disk seem to be missing tag data. The "Name" tags seem to contain the file name data. On the handheld, I can browse artists, albums, ++ as usual, so I believe the files *are* tagged..

craft

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 03:52:01 pm »

6. Fixed: Foreign comment tags could be unnecessarily removed from the ID3v2 tag during tag saving.

Wow, i remember asking about this something like a year ago, many thanks for finally fixing it :D

johnpapkones

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 06:27:46 am »

I've posted for Media Center 12.0.504 for some probrems concerning at tags, playlist etc. but you didn't answer me. Could you tell me if you fix then ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 07:17:48 am »

I've posted for Media Center 12.0.504 for some probrems concerning at tags, playlist etc. but you didn't answer me. Could you tell me if you fix then ?
It may be quicker to test the latest build.

johnpapkones

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008, 10:58:19 am »

I've cheked the last version (512) but the problems are the same.
- At The 'Tag' AutoComplete when i open the desired field doesn't work (it works perfectly at the version 497).
And in generally the 'Tag' doesn't work properly as the past (look at version 497).
- When i listen music from 'playing now' i can't open the 'Interact Forum' from the 'Start'.
- I can't save the desired sorting at 'Customize current view \ sorting \ preset \ save (i save it but when i close the programme it losted). I've already noticed this from previous version.
- At The Tag when i open the playlists it's always expanded at the 'Imported Playlists'. I've already noticed this from previous version.
- When it search from 'auto-importing files' at the end informed me that 'for example, 4 files doesn't imported at the library'. How can i find them?

I've already, post twice in the past but no answer, could you answer me please ?
Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2008, 11:40:31 am »

No.  I'm sorry.  I don't understand.  Please copy and paste your post to a new thread (start new topic) and explain the one that is the biggest problem in more detail.

Filetypes, etc.  Are you running on a local drive with only one copy running?

jack wallstreet

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2008, 10:15:16 pm »

Re 512.  Just analyzed 251 files using 4 at a time (CPU hits 100% constantly).  At 37 files it stopped and I had to close MC and restart.  It then analyzed all the rest at 4 at a time. 

Not a big deal, but it appears that there are still sometimes a problem.  I still like the 4 at a time, even if there are sometimes problems.
John

johnpapkones

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Media Center 12.0.512, could you answer me?
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2008, 04:30:44 am »

Explaining the problem with tags :
- I choose 'Tag' from 'Action Window' in the left of the screen..
- I choose one song from library (left side of screen) in which i want to change for example the 'Genre'.
- I'm choosing the field 'Genre' from the 'Tag' and the fields opening. I choose 'match code' and i see the list with all the 'Genres'. In the older versions when i started to wrote a letter for example 'k' into the field, this rolls down and it brings me the 'Genres' starting from 'k'. This happened with all the fields from 'Tag' and also in all the fields of colums of library. Now when i open a field and type a letter the list doesn't roll.
And yes i'm running on a local drive with only one copy running (with 92454 files, for that is the reason that is important to me, because when i want to write for example, the name of one artist i type the first letter and i choose him from the list. In this way i am sure that the name of a specific artist has written the same, or the genre etc. I have used this standardization for the 90% of my library with the help of Media Center).
Also, when i use the 'slit view' with 2 views parallel the program fells down.
I hope, i give to you to understand the problem.

P.S.: I don't know how to put an icon here.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2008, 07:11:42 am »

Re 512.  Just analyzed 251 files using 4 at a time (CPU hits 100% constantly).  At 37 files it stopped and I had to close MC and restart.  It then analyzed all the rest at 4 at a time. 

Not a big deal, but it appears that there are still sometimes a problem.  I still like the 4 at a time, even if there are sometimes problems.
Could be a virus checker.  Please start a new thread if you want to discuss.

MusicHawk

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2008, 09:27:24 am »

iPod sync yields 0 songs...

Sorry to post bad news without diagnosis, but maybe it's helpful anyway...

Using an iPod Classic 80gb that has sync with earlier MC 12 OK (but not for a few months/versions), tried with 12.0.512. First, updated iTunes, which then update iPod's firmware. Then hooked to MC, and started synching. It ran for the predicted 16.5 hours, finished without error.

BUT, after all this, the iPod has 0 songs.

iPod reports disk space used of about 20GB; it started with just a tiny amount used, so something got copied to it. If not songs, what? MC was set to exclude cover art/images, and to convert all songs to portable quality. Even so, in the past using this amount of iPod storage was due to cover art, which MC would not reliably exclude; is this still a problem?  (In MC all cover art is stored externally in one folder, not embedded in song files).

Reconnecting, MC says iPod needs to be reformatted by iTunes, so it's definitely trashed. Of course, I'll do that and try again (but not until two weeks from now, heading out on a trip with a 0 songs iPod). Still, what could cause this?
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

Crispin Crunch

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2008, 02:19:32 pm »

I would like to report the same sync issue with my iPhone.  I can see a chunk of data is copied but 0 songs are transferred.   :'( I have owned this iPhone for over 2 months now and and have only been able to sync successfully a handful of times with MC.

Additionally, when it has synced image files are only visible in cover flow.  I know this is an open issue and that Rick was working to obtain the iPhone image file specification. 
reprazentin\\\' fo da MC

raldo

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2008, 02:46:29 pm »

After upgrading to 512, syncing with my handheld (WM6 over active sync) doesn't behave as expected.
[...]

When I first noted this problem, I let MC sync my handheld (delete all + copy all).

But now the problem persists, I.e. the symptoms I reported in my post above are still there when I try to sync again.

jack wallstreet

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2008, 03:50:54 pm »

512 with 80gb classic  - works fine for me.

I updated to 1.1.2 with Itunes.  deleted all songs (purposefully) and reloaded the Ipod with MC12 - went fine, all songs show up.

I looked at the sync list before deleting everying (where it just would have been an update) and the sync changes looked reasonable also.

Older 5.0 generation Ipod worked fine also.
John

Bill S

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2008, 03:39:58 pm »

12.0.511 (6/5/2008)

12.0.507 (5/28/2008)
5. Fixed: Multi-channel files could fail to play on some Vista sound devices when using Direct Sound playback.

-----------

My original problem with multichannel wma playback in Vista is described here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=46763.0

I've downloaded and tested v12.0.510 and then v12.0.512 - both versions fix the problem, thank you!!!  ;D

Bill

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2008, 04:18:43 pm »

12.0.511 (6/5/2008)

12.0.507 (5/28/2008)

-----------

My original problem with multichannel wma playback in Vista is described here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=46763.0

I've downloaded and tested v12.0.510 and then v12.0.512 - both versions fix the problem, thank you!!!  ;D

Bill

Thanks for letting us know, and glad to hear it's working.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

sertacnyc

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2008, 08:21:27 am »

every time i tell to activade, it did not work, but it looks like i used 2 activationin same day in 30 minutes, my code is 085db5b1b7, can you correct it? thank you.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2008, 08:36:23 am »

The "Move / Copy Fields..." dialog doesn't honor the custom name of renamed fields.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2008, 09:11:08 am »

every time i tell to activade, it did not work, but it looks like i used 2 activationin same day in 30 minutes, my code is 085db5b1b7, can you correct it? thank you.

Please start a new thread with a descriptive topic. Don't post license details - your license will be revoked if you do. (I'm not sure what the code you posted actually is).

j

JONCAT

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2008, 10:30:31 am »

M4A files are causing Analyze Audio errors. I can play back these files in MC with CCCP enabled direct show filter; shouldn't that allow them to be analyzed as opposed to using Quicktime externally?

DC

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2008, 11:17:35 am »

Is there a reason why MC will create a Duplicate File with a (1) after it rather than asking if you wish to replace the original with the new file as Windows does? 
Or is this a (long-running) bug?

Personally I'd prefer to see the dialog showing the file comparisons (size + date) and asking whether to overwrite, as well as the standard option of "Yes to All" (and if possible also a "No to All" option)
. . . the game is rigged

darichman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2008, 11:31:05 pm »

Is there a reason why MC will create a Duplicate File with a (1) after it rather than asking if you wish to replace the original with the new file as Windows does? 
Or is this a (long-running) bug?

Personally I'd prefer to see the dialog showing the file comparisons (size + date) and asking whether to overwrite, as well as the standard option of "Yes to All" (and if possible also a "No to All" option)

I emphatically support the current implementation... When you deal with hundreds of files with similar filenames (eg scanned images - Image_01, Image_02 etc) the overwrite prompts can cause you HUGE problems.

In an ideal world we'd get three options when duplicate filenames are found
1. Replace
2. Do nothing (leave in original location)
3. Provide an option to rename one (or both files)

Short of that, I'd much rather see it kept the way it is now...
"No to all" can create a lot of confusion in the database (ie where are my files? which ones got left behind?)
"Yes to all" can be very dangerous if you don't keep a very close eye on it...

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2008, 05:12:11 am »

For me the problem with iPod syncs not deleting files not in a playlist still exists for videos. I have a playlist called "iPod Videos" and even after removing videos from this list and resyncing, the videos are not automatically removed from my iPod.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2008, 07:40:04 am »

When you deal with hundreds of files with similar filenames (eg scanned images - Image_01, Image_02 etc) the overwrite prompts can cause you HUGE problems.

Well then by that logic there should be no functions in MC which change filename/folder name and location, such as Rename Files From Froperties

Oh, and watch out for Windows, as it does not provide the duplicate with (1) after it and has a Yes to all option for overwrites
. . . the game is rigged

johnpapkones

• Junior Woodchuck

I can't reproduce this.

I type "Bob D" in the artist box and it fills in the "ylan" for me.  If I press enter, it becomes "Bob Dylan".

If I open the list after typing Bob D, it has scrolled to show the B values.

If I _only_ type B, it doesn't scroll.  Is this the issue?  In this case, if you open the list then press B, it will scroll.

You are right, the list at the artist box works (in english and greeks) but doesn't work at the genre in greeks (not language from tools menu but with alt+enter, that worked at older versions) and occasionally the program fels down when i use greeks.
Also i noticed that when i type a text (in every field) the normal rules haven't effect.
Can you see it?
Pages: [1]   Go Up