INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to purchase through AOL instead of Outlook or Explorer  (Read 1407 times)

Charlies Comic Books

• Recent member
How to purchase through AOL instead of Outlook or Explorer
« on: June 13, 2008, 11:22:05 am »

I would like to purchase the MC12 but when I hit ‘purchase’ my computer attempts to connect with Outlook or Explorer rather than through my ISP which is AOL.  Does anyone have the direct link so I can navigate there through AOL?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How to purchase through AOL instead of Outlook or Explorer
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 02:29:54 pm »

You shouldn't need to do any special navigation.

Do you have IE installed?  Is it up to date?

When you say it "attempts to connect with Outlook ..." I don't understand what you mean.  Can you list the steps you're taking?

Is the copy of MC recent?

Charlies Comic Books

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 10:24:46 am »

You shouldn't need to do any special navigation.

Do you have IE installed?  Is it up to date?

Jim: Thank you for responding!  Yes, I do have IE installed and when it wouldn't connect I reconfigured my defaults, choosing IE as my default connection.  I hit 'purchase' again with the same result.

When you say it "attempts to connect with Outlook ..." I don't understand what you mean.  Can you list the steps you're taking?

When I open MC12 I hit 'purchase', IE opens and gives me the page where it says 'Internet Explorer Cannot Open This Page' and the usual 'check your address or hit refresh' instructions.  It fails so quickly that I haven't been able to copy the 'Edress' so that I could perhaps enter it into my search window on AOL.

Is the copy of MC recent?
I downloaded MC12 about a week ago, upgrading from Media Jukebox 8.0.  Thanks again for your help, Jim.  I love the new features and can't wait to install it at my inadequate home unit which is currently running the terrible Windows program.  Hope to hear from you soon.    -Peace, Charlie

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 11:12:48 am »

Regarding the formatting problem above, when you use the quote feature, your reply should go after the closing quote tag.  If you want multiple quotes they need to be inside the tags:

[ quote ]
quoted text goes here
[ /quote ]

Remove the spaces in the tags to get this:

quoted text goes here

It sounds like a problem with the AOL browser / connection.  Could you try a quick search at AOL or on google to see if you can find information that might help?

It could also be some "child protection" scheme that AOL uses.

Charlies Comic Books

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 11:31:09 am »

Regarding the formatting problem above, when you use the quote feature, your reply should go after the closing quote tag.  If you want multiple quotes they need to be inside the tags:

[ quote ]
quoted text goes here
[ /quote ]

Remove the spaces in the tags to get this:

It sounds like a problem with the AOL browser / connection.  Could you try a quick search at AOL or on google to see if you can find information that might help?

Dear Jim:  Hopefully I'm formatting this properly now; as I've said I'm 54 years old and my computer learning curve is not to be envied.  I believe that if I had the Edress (URL?) that I could get there with AOL; I just don't have the path to get to the place to buy the program.

Charlies Comic Books

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 11:25:17 am »

Dear Jim:  Hopefully I'm formatting this properly now; as I've said I'm 54 years old and my computer learning curve is not to be envied.  I believe that if I had the Edress (URL?) that I could get there with AOL; I just don't have the path to get to the place to buy the program.

I'm still at a loss, Jim; what would I search for at AOL or on google?  I believe the only information that I need, as I've mentioned before, is the link to purchase.  IE tries to send me there but it deletes the path as soon as it finds that it's inaccessible.  If I could just enter the path and go there through AOL I'd be able to purchase.  I have about three weeks left on my free trial for MC12.  I truly think this is the best music program out there but after all of this trouble to buy the darn thing I'm searching for another comparable program that doesn't present this problem.  Any recommendations?  It may be poor manners to ask for the name of a competent competitor but I want to listen to music and if I can't buy this one I'll need to find an alternative.  I work 360 days per year and many of the shifts, like today's, are fourteen hours or more.  Without the music running I don't think I could keep up this schedule.  If you have a solution, please help.  If there is no solution please let me know that too so I can pursue other options.  Thank you for your time.  Peace, -Charlie

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 12:11:51 pm »

Charlie,

The purchase process should work with most browsers. There is no direct URL for purchase, it must be initiated by the program.

Your purchases is probably being blocked by a firewall or some "child protection" scheme at AOL.

One solution would be to borrow a friend's computer (who DOESN'T use AOL), do the purchase, and use the install key you receive in e-mail to activate MC on your computer.

And to be clear: this is almost 100% for sure an AOL problem, not ours. I understand your frustration, but you should be talking to AOL tech support.

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up