INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 'Tag Box again'.  (Read 2233 times)

johnpapkones

• Junior Woodchuck
Media Center 'Tag Box again'.
« on: June 16, 2008, 02:58:00 pm »

- I choose 'Tag' from 'Action Window' in the left of the screen..
- I choose one song from library (left side of screen) in which i want to change the 'Genre'.
- I'm choosing the field 'Genre' from the 'Tag' and the fields opening. I choose 'match code' and i see the list with all the 'Genres'. In the older versions when i started to wrote a letter for example 'k' into the field, this rolls down and it brings me the 'Genres' starting from 'k'. Now when i open a field and type a letter the list rolls down with english but when i choose greeks with alt+enter doesn't work. If i typing a genre in greek the auto complete works. Only doesn't roll down.
In artist box this works fine.

Also i noticed that when i type a text (in every field) the text typing normal rules haven't effect
(for example with shift+left arrow i start choosing one word but if i want to use the left arrow to choose some letters of this word then the cursor comming in the start of the box).

I remind you that at the version .497 'Tag' works perfectly.
Can you see it?
Thanks in advanced.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re: Media Center 12.0.514 'Tag Box again'.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 03:58:35 pm »

[...] with shift+left arrow i start choosing one word but if i want to use the left arrow to choose some letters of this word then the cursor comming in the start of the box [...]
Was going to report this, too! Think you were faster  ;)

johnpapkones

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 01:40:04 pm »

Was going to report this, too! Think you were faster  ;)
I've posted at least three times for this problem with tag in every new version but no answer !!! I think that something hapens with the tag's function.

suzieg

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 10:51:46 am »

I also notice a couple of tag problems in build 515 that was not there in earlier versions.  First, the track name is gone from the top of the tag box.  I see no way to put it back from the UI.  Second, now when I type into a library field, the letters I type do not appear as I am typing.  Once I finish type and hit "enter," the field contains the characters I typed. This makes it really difficult to change information in the fields which I do all the time as a DJ.  I hope this will be fixed quickly since I change tags so frequently.

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Center 'Tag Box again'.
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 11:03:16 am »

Track Name is one of the fields that the tag displays.  It's the Name tag.  You can set your tag window to show it.

suzieg

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 05:06:55 pm »

The Name tag appears in the list as the first field in the list but in previous versions of MC12 it also used to automatically appear at the very top of the window under "Tag."  I have looked at all of the tag window settings and I see no way to put that back.

Thanks.
Suzie

suzieg

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 11:16:21 pm »

Any idea on when these issues might be addressed?  It has been a couple of months since there was any activity on this thread.

Thanks,
Suzie

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 06:32:18 am »

This won't change.

suzieg

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 05:50:10 pm »

I want to be really clear about what you are saying won't change.  I am referring to the typing issue that appeared in build 515 where you can no longer see what you are typing in a tag field as you are typing in it.  Can this be fixed?  It makes tagging much more challenging.

Thanks,
Suzie G.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 06:00:02 pm »

I don't know what you mean.  Which skin?  Did you try another skin?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2008, 07:21:04 pm »

I want to be really clear about what you are saying won't change.  I am referring to the typing issue that appeared in build 515 where you can no longer see what you are typing in a tag field as you are typing in it.  Can this be fixed?  It makes tagging much more challenging.

Thanks,
Suzie G.

Have you tried the latest build from the top of this board?  There was a fix for list-type fields where the edit control could get sized too large for the list.

If it's still happening after that, please email a screenshot to jimh at jriver dot com so we are sure we're understanding what you're seeing.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

suzieg

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2008, 05:42:22 pm »

Matt,
In build 515 I was using the Green Eyes skin and discovered there was no problem in the other two skins I tried.  I upgraded to build 531 and it's fixed!  Thanks for responding.  I love this software!
--Suzie
Pages: [1]   Go Up