INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art - Get from Internet but not all  (Read 1428 times)

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
Cover Art - Get from Internet but not all
« on: June 19, 2008, 08:31:06 pm »

I had five albums that I did a Get from Internet on to get the cover art. All were perfect except one which had one choice and it was a totally different artist. I had no ability to say ignore that one but take the other ones. The only thing I could do was Cancel, select the other albums and get those. There should be the ability to not select an image for an album. If people decide to just accept the wrong image and correct it later, it unfortunately gets recorded as a good vote in YADB.
Jeff

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
Re: Cover Art - Get from Internet but not all
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 02:37:36 am »

if it's the "Get from Internet" cover art option what you mean, there is always a "your library" option right above the first art retrieved. If your album did not have a cover before performing the search, that option could be very narrow (compared to the size of a thumbnail) and perhaps you missed it, but this is what you have to select when you want to ignore the images for an album.

Hope it helps.

dcwebman

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 07:45:43 am »

If your album did not have a cover before performing the search, that option could be very narrow (compared to the size of a thumbnail) and perhaps you missed it, but this is what you have to select when you want to ignore the images for an album.
That was the situation and you're right, it is there. I guess because it is in the same font as the size dimensions of the found cover art, I didn't realize that it was actually a thumbnail that could be clicked. Maybe a different font might make it clear that it's a selection?
Jeff

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 09:36:28 am »

Yes, I agree with you. I had the same problem but thought it was only me who did not see it  ::)

Now, maybe a good solution would be to show a blank thumbnail in the same size but with the MC background logo if the current album has no art?

dcwebman

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 07:47:35 am »

Now, maybe a good solution would be to show a blank thumbnail in the same size but with the MC background logo if the current album has no art?
Yeah, I was thinking about a blank thumbnail too but then I thought the user might see a graphic and then think they're going to get that as the cover art instead of not getting anything. Regardless if two experienced people are confused at first, then one would assume others might be too.
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up