INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View Questions  (Read 1491 times)

mherce

• Recent member
Theater View Questions
« on: June 20, 2008, 01:40:39 am »

I assume theater view is part of the core and I can get J River support for it here?

1) How do I rate music with my remote in theater view? I have the remote side all setup using the USB-uirt plugin but there are no keys for rating, nor any screen I can use to rate music. I know this has to be here, otherwise why have a TV/remote accessable view for a music program? But for the life of me I can't figure out how to do it. 

2) How do I use my remote to scroll the track info "visualization"? In now playing, no matter how I edit my main.xml (and I've read the wiki page twice) the remote will not go over the track info area. Even in full screen. All I want is to be able to scroll lyrics.

3) Are there any Karaoke features in theater view? I got my mp3+g files to play but there seems to be no way to get a karaoke-type screen. Again, a TV view for a music program, I know this has to be there but I can't figure it out.

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Theater View Questions
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 08:15:19 am »

This is a good place for Theater View questions.

MC has no Karaoke features.  There may be a plug-in (that I don't know about) on the Third Party Plug-ins board here.  Try a search.

On #2, under MC's Options for Remote, you can teach the remote how to do Tab, Page Up, Page Down, etc.  You probably know this.

mherce

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 05:12:59 am »

Thanks for the support!

Yeah I have a remote key mapped to every option in the settings.  Nothing allows me to tab over to the track info visualization. How do you have it setup so that you can scroll track info? I can just replicate your setup.

How about rating music? How do I enter a rating (4 out of 5 or whatever) in theater view?

Thanks!

mherce

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 08:29:34 am »

Bump?

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 08:13:19 pm »

How do you have it setup so that you can scroll track info? I can just replicate your setup.

I don't think you can do this.

How about rating music? How do I enter a rating (4 out of 5 or whatever) in theater view?

I don't know why but this is not available in Theater View (along with -arguably- a small number of other basic things which are still missing IMO).

You could probably set this functionality up by mapping the MCC_SET_CURRENTLY_PLAYING_RATING command to buttons on your remote but this is complicated and probably more effort than it's worth. If you're game though, the complete list of available MC core commands are here: http://www.jrmediacenter.com/DevZone/MCCommands.h
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation
Pages: [1]   Go Up