INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlist send to a Creative Zen  (Read 2090 times)

tonyyack

• Recent member
Playlist send to a Creative Zen
« on: June 22, 2008, 03:25:02 pm »

I am sending a couple of playlists to a creative zen using the playlist send to the device option.  The songs and the list transfer correctly and all playback fine on the zen.   The problem is that the cover art gets out of sync on the zen.   Most of the songs display correctly but some show different album art from what is it actually should be.   Any suggestions on how to correct this.  Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Playlist send to a Creative Zen
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 03:28:42 pm »

Try finding one of the files and seeing how cover art is stored for it.  Is it in the tag?  Or does MC use the folder.jpg file?  folder.jpg will get used for all the files in a directory if there is no other art present.

You can right click on a file and get new cover art for it.

More on cover art here in our wiki.

tonyyack

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 04:37:17 pm »

Thanks for the response.   The cover art in media center is fine.  Everything matches up.  When I send it to the zen most of the cover art transfers correctly but say out of a 750 song playlist 40-50 of the songs have the wrong cover art from other songs.  I will do a little checking to see how things are stored and try a few things.

tonyyack

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 04:13:28 am »

The options for cover art that I have set are store in a specific file and also store image in the file's tag.

tonyyack

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 01:55:07 pm »

I think I can see what the issue is.   All the data and cover art was transfered and stored on the Zen correctly.  I can see all the songs are intact and the correct Zen ABL file is stored with the album.   The problem has to be with the Zen Firmware.   During playback if the albums have the same name (Greatest Hits) but from different artists the firmware must have a bug in it where it uses the cover art from any of the albums and displays it as the art for the current song.   I'll have to check to see if creative has a fix.
Pages: [1]   Go Up