INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Performer Digital DRM issue  (Read 1396 times)

Psyffer23

• World Citizen
Performer Digital DRM issue
« on: June 25, 2008, 02:15:35 pm »

Hey, I thought I would try out that Performer Digiatal client.  I am very excited about it's upcoming integration into MC.  But, I have been having some issues with DRM.  I thought when you purchased the tracks they were without DRM but, after I import them into MC12, I get errors.  For instance, I am unable to convert format and the tracks will not play through Media Server.  Am I wrong about them being DRM free at this point or is something wrong?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Performer Digital DRM issue
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 02:20:27 pm »

Hey, I thought I would try out that Performer Digiatal client.  I am very excited about it's upcoming integration into MC.  But, I have been having some issues with DRM.  I thought when you purchased the tracks they were without DRM but, after I import them into MC12, I get errors.  For instance, I am unable to convert format and the tracks will not play through Media Server.  Am I wrong about them being DRM free at this point or is something wrong?

DRM-free (MP3 downloads) are coming, but not available yet.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 02:31:31 pm »

Did you sign up for a subscription account with PD?

Psyffer23

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 03:02:10 pm »

Jim, thanks for the quick reply.  I just signed up for the 14 day free trial but, I did purchase 2 or 3 tracks that are kinda useless to me now.  Oh well, sure looking forward to be able to stream and preview tracks within MC.  PD has a pretty good selection so I can see myself purchasing a lot of tracks through them ... once they are DRM free.

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 08:49:14 am »

You can burn the tracks you PURCHASED ($.99/track or whatever the Performer Digital equivalent is) to CD though right?  If so, you can use the stupid round-about method of burning the tracks to CD, then ripping them back as whatever format you'd like.  You were going to have to transcode the files no matter what you did, so other than the loss of a CD (unless you use CD-RW) and some time you've still got what you want.

-John

Psyffer23

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 09:00:03 am »

Yes, I can still burn the tracks... so that's a work around.  Still won't be buying any more Performer Digital songs until they go completely DRM free.
Pages: [1]   Go Up