INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Highlighting Multiple Songs  (Read 1943 times)

Chevelle

Highlighting Multiple Songs
« on: June 25, 2008, 03:54:57 pm »

I recently upgraded to the new version of JRiver Media Center 12 and everything was going fine until I noticed I couldn't highlight multiple songs. I could do this without any problems on my older version but now, completely gone. Do I have to click on each song I want to play or remove or is there something I can do to fix this? Thanks for any help. 

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Highlighting Multiple Songs
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 04:13:44 pm »

- Ctrl + left mouse click  adds or removes individual files to/from the selection.
- Shift + left mouse click  adds also the files that are between the first selected and the last selected file.
- right mouse button drag  selects all files that are inside the dragged area. (aka creates a "lasso" selection)
- optionallly the lasso selection works also with the left mouse button. (Tools > Options > Tree & View > Advanced > Allow list lasso with left mouse button)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Chevelle

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 04:16:48 pm »

Ah, thank you very much! I thought I was going to have to click everything.  ;D

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 04:33:15 pm »

Ctrl-A selects all
Right click/Edit has "Select all" and "Invert Selection" (useful for all but a selected file or files)

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 04:35:33 pm »

I forgot to mention that you can draw a lasso and add other separate lassos to the selection by pressing shift during the subsequent lassos. This is a very nice feature if you have a long list of files or lots of thumbnails in a view and you want to select a few bunches of files here and there.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

JONCAT

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 04:35:55 pm »

Why are left and right lasso behaviors completely different?

I really feel that left lasso should be enabled to select from anywhere in a file list, like right lasso.

my .02

DC

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 05:01:12 pm »

I am thankful that we have such nice lasso features. At some stage MC12 didn't have lasso at all. After I and some others requested it Matt created the current features. His argument for making the left button lasso different was to not break the possibility to directly click & drag a single unselected file in playlist to a new position. If the left button click-drag is started over "text in a field" it will move the underneath file in a playlist. If it is started over an empty area in a field it will create a lasso selection.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 05:04:12 pm »

I really feel that left lasso should be enabled to select from anywhere in a file list, like right lasso.

Left lasso is disabled by default.  It makes drag-n-drop hard for users, something I've witnessed many times.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JONCAT

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 07:04:06 pm »

I agree. Sorry, I mean it does not behave at all like right-click lasso. I'm sitting here losing my mind trying to left-click lasso,. This has to be a bug. What is the protocol for it? I'm trying everything, and right click lasso works everywhere left click doesn't.

EDIT - It seems to be that right-click allows one to click when over text...left-click doesn't. The aforementioned (above)  unresponsiveness  is apparently caused by StrokeIt, a mouse gesture app tyhat was affecting both left and right click lasso.

Still would like to see identical behavior for both with regards to being able to start a selection over text with left-click lasso.

DC

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008, 07:42:07 pm »

I agree. Sorry, I mean it does not behave at all like right-click lasso. I'm sitting here losing my mind trying to left-click lasso,. This has to be a bug. What is the protocol for it? I'm trying everything, and right click lasso works everywhere left click doesn't.
Still would like to see identical behavior for both with regards to being able to start a selection over text with left-click lasso.

How would you drag-n-drop then?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JONCAT

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2008, 07:59:12 pm »

I just figured MC was smart enough to know when and which files were highlighted and combine this with an awareness of a control or shift click too... ;D

Really, c'mon.....you guys are unstoppable.  :o

In all honesty though, I guess I hadn't been "draggin and tagging" in awhile. I just need to adjust StrokeIt for minimal MC interference.

DC
Pages: [1]   Go Up