INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Microsoft WMV HD playback and Media Center 12 ?  (Read 1369 times)

beanernsd

• Recent member
Microsoft WMV HD playback and Media Center 12 ?
« on: June 27, 2008, 09:25:42 pm »

After I set up J River MC 12 I tried to play Apples .mov HD clips and crashed it so I downloaded the latest version of Quick Time and MC 12 immediately started playing the files perfectly. The Quick Time setup program was smart enough to recognize MC 12 and update it.  Then I wanted to try playing a MicroJunk .wmv HD file and it immediately locked up my new XP Pro computer.  I thought that maybe installing the latest version of MS Media Player may result in the same intelligent result. No such luck! If I even touch a .wmv file in MC 12 the screen crashes and my entire computer locks up. The only way to get out is with the computers reset button. MC 12 has .wmv listed in the file types it will play. Does anyone know how to get this to work?  >:( ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Microsoft WMV HD playback and Media Center 12 ?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 05:25:06 am »

WMV should play without any problems.  Check your options for Playback/Video/DirectShow.  You can change the video renderer there.  If nothing works, set MC (in the same place) to use Windows Media Player for playback of video.

Also try turning off hardware acceleration in the same place.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 02:34:59 am »

wmv HD files definitely do play back very well in MC 12. It's bedtime, so that's all I have to say right now. If you think it'll help, I'll try to check which of my filters are active when I play such a file next time.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 11:34:59 am »

Default DirectSound Device
Haali media renderer

Greyed out, but active:
WMaudio decoder DMO
WMvideo decoder DMO
JRiver Media Proxy Audio
JRiver Media Proxy Video
ASF Reader
Pages: [1]   Go Up