INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing playlists - no files listed  (Read 1268 times)

K1lted

• Recent member
Importing playlists - no files listed
« on: June 29, 2008, 07:28:30 am »

I just downloaded MC12 after using the previous products for years. I am having a problem that I had hoped would have been fixed by now.

I use the player as default music player on 2 different machines - they are physically separate, each with a copy of the same music on it.(though connected on a network). I have just set up the second system (desktop) to take over such tasks from my laptop.

The problem is that, when I import anything from one machine to the other, the database remains empty! I am assuming that this is because the drive letters are different on one machine from the other. Consequently, I have rebuilt the database through a simple search on the desktop, which has found all my music files. Now I want to arrange them as I had on my other machine - this took me many hours and I don't want to have to set it all up again manually - I am sure I am not the first to have had this problem!

So, I tried exporting my playlists from the old machine and importing them to the new one, but these are also blank - nothing is listed in the playlist, although the source file had hundreds of entries (I have over 15,000 tracks on each machine!)

So my question is this - is there some way to import the database / playlists / track data when the source path is different on each machine OR is there some way to alter the source path for a batch of files / all files (if, say I change a drive letter to match the other machine, can I update the database without losing my track information)?

Any help much appreciated
Brian

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Importing playlists - no files listed
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 07:37:27 am »

If the drive letter is the only thing that has changed, you can use Library Tools/Find and Replace to change, for example c: to d:

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 08:15:16 am »

You could also fix the playlist (using Notepad and Find/Replace) before feeding it to Media Center.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

K1lted

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 05:07:44 pm »

thanks for the quick replies guys - will check this out and post back
Brian

K1lted

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 12:26:14 pm »

Used the find and replace tool and it worked like a charm - thank you so much - didn't fancy re-categorising 60GB of music!

One note for anyone else who wants / needs to do this - you can only use find and replace once you have selected files to work on and which aspect of the file [filename(path)] you want to work on.

Only took seconds, which was very impressive for such a big database.

Thanks again
Brian
Pages: [1]   Go Up