INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ipod sync and configure question  (Read 2054 times)

CClark

• Recent member
ipod sync and configure question
« on: June 30, 2008, 12:33:05 am »

I just downloaded MC, since I am tired of Itunes. I have uploaded 25gb on to my Classic via itunes, now I screwed it all up, buy using anaopod, to edit a bunch of tags since itunes was so slow, and the music is "unavailable". So I just want to double check if I sync and configure the ipod via MC, I will not lose my already uploaded music. Thanks

SwellGuy

Re: ipod sync and configure question
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 09:55:11 am »

It's hard to say since you note that it is already screwed up. If you can describe the current state of the iPod a little more we might be able to give you a little more feedback.

Anapod may have re-written the database on the iPod to an obsolete version that iTunes no longer recognizes. MC always writes the iPod database to a current version that iTunes does recognize.

CClark

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 10:58:38 am »

Sorry about the lack of info, but once I came across this thread, I went ahead and sync'd the ipod, looks like everything worked fine except the album art. Im not sure what Im doing wrong, but when I transfer new songs, with album art embedded in the tags, it shows the art when they are uploading, and work fine until the next time I reconnect to MC. Then the album art is lost. I can select the tracks and update library from tags and add the art, but when I eject and connect to MC next time, they are lost. I do have Enable Album Artwork Support If Possible checked in the options.

SwellGuy

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 12:23:04 pm »

Are you talking about the album art on the iPod itself or the thumbnails of the tracks on your iPod when they are displayed in MC?

The missing thumbnails is normal - we don't save thumbnails of content on removable drives.

CClark

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 09:34:49 pm »

The album art on the ipod itself, but some of the thumbnails work on MC.

Also now, only half of my songs are showing, (2100 of ~3800 before), approx half of each album, yet I havent changed anything, since I used MC last time. In the sync window it has 11 songs waiting, yet I uploaded them yesterday, and it says "None of the files can be transferred. Common Errors include insufficient rights or unsupported file types." I disconnected, and reconnected, now there are 103 files in the sync window, in the right hand window their status is "missing" since it is looking for those files on my computer, well they arent there anymore, but those songs worked fine yesterday?? The space used hasnt changed (28gb) I am confused now

edbro

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 07:31:45 am »

I disconnected, and reconnected, now there are 103 files in the sync window, in the right hand window their status is "missing" since it is looking for those files on my computer, well they arent there anymore, but those songs worked fine yesterday?? The space used hasnt changed (28gb) I am confused now
I have found that MC will often leave multiple songs in the temp directory of your cache location after a sync. Sometimes the files are incomplete, sometimes I delete them. That is often the source of the "missing" files that it wants to sync.

CClark

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 08:12:02 pm »

So do you delete them, and they work on the ipod, or do you have to upload them again?

CClark

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 09:50:37 pm »

Any help to restore my album art and lost songs would be appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 06:35:31 am »

Any help to restore my album art and lost songs would be appreciated.
Are you using build 518 and is your problem the same as this one
Pages: [1]   Go Up