INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Image file location  (Read 720 times)

KellerDH

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Image file location
« on: July 11, 2008, 08:42:41 pm »

Hi, sorry if this has been asked, but I really want to make sure that I can't keep my old way of linking images to albums.  My old way was to have one folder called "Media Center Cover Art" ... and then I have subfolders named for the album artist.  So for, say, Beatles, I have ten or so album covers with the files named for the albums.  E.g., folder path like this: /Media Center Cover Art/Beatles/Revolver.jpg.

Now, that worked for my last version, 10.0 ... but for 12.0 it seems that there's no way to keep MC from forcing all single-folder cover art into one folder, which renames the jpg to "AlbumArtist - Album" or something like this.  No subfolders for artist ... just all jpgs in one big folder (I have a really big collection).  Now, it seems that, for the albums already entered into Media Center, the old folder path still correctly points to my older folder scheme ... but, for new imports, the new scheme is forced on me.

Is this true?  Am I correct in thinking that I can't still use my old scheme for new imports for version 12.0?

Thank you very much in advance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up