INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Editor "Saving failed"  (Read 894 times)

Demian70

Media Editor "Saving failed"
« on: July 12, 2008, 12:46:20 pm »

First...I LOVE Media Center...it's one of the most comprehensive and user friendly music manager I've come across.  One of the reasons I splurged for the full version was the included Media Editor which allows me to cut portions of files as I did in Goldwave. 

Having said that, Media Editor doesn't seem to want to work.  I can open an MP3 file no problem.  Selecting the portion I want to save is simple.  I then select "Save selection as" and choose MP3 as the desired format and the original track as the destination.  ME asks if I want to overwrite, which I agree to.  Then...I ALWAYS get an error saving "Saving failed" with no explanation...just a yellow caution triangle.

I would greatly appreciate ANY advice.  I CAN save directly to a new MP3 via the above steps, but then I have to go back and manually delete the old file, which seems to be an unnecessary step - wasn't necessary in Goldwave.

Thanks in advance...

Demian

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Editor "Saving failed"
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 01:23:52 pm »

As a workaround, try saving as wav.  Then convert the file later.

Demian70

Re: Media Editor "Saving failed"
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 09:16:20 am »

JimH...thanks for the advice, but I'm trying to avoid extra steps...  Should I want to add extra steps, I'll just save the modified file as a different name,  then go in a manually delete the original file.  I have ALOT of files that will need very minor modification, so even a minimal extra step will add up.  I'm better off with Goldwave, honestly, which I had HOPED to eliminate the need for buy purchasing MC12.

If anyone else has any suggestions, or personal experience with this issue, I'd LOVE to hear how you addressed it.

Thanks..

Demian
Pages: [1]   Go Up