INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Correct version for Library Server  (Read 1417 times)

MrU

• Junior Woodchuck
Correct version for Library Server
« on: July 13, 2008, 11:42:55 am »

just received E-mail from MC:

the following is the section I ned help on:

The Install Key is attached to this email.  It is valid for 14 days.  To install on another PC, transfer the Install Key to the PC, make sure the correct version of Media Center is installed, then execute the Install Key by double clicking on it.

As paragraph above  the MC I,m asking about is on my sons pc.....it has been rebuilt  and had to aquire a new registration code....as above......BUT

the version that is now on my sons pc.....i think as a result of the registration code   is now version 12.0.497...where as the server version her eis 12.0.473.

The registration key that was sent about 1 hour ago is indeed the same as my original one.......BUT

as your paragraph above states.... make sure the correct version of Media Center is installed  I need to install the correct verison...I believe.

Thta i sth eproblem, I do not and cannot find that   (12.0.473) version to install.

Help woul dbe gratefully appreciated.

PS...the reason for my continual typing error sis beacuse I have MS nad cotrol of my hand(s) is vrey difficult.

thnak you

MrU

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MediaCenter version 12.0.473
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 11:47:08 am »

From your description, it sounds like the program is registered.  Exactly what is the problem?

You can just install the version from the download page on our site on both PC's.

MrU

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 12:19:50 pm »

yes it appears it is registered   but i cannot find on the DOWNLOAD page version 12.0.473 to download to bring my sons pc back to the same verison as the other 2 pc's here ?

MrU

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 12:22:54 pm »

You could install a newer version on his PC.  What is important is that they are the same on both sides.

MrU

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 12:31:54 pm »

Let me try and understand this completely pease.

Are you suggesting that I could re-install "whatever" version is presently available  utiliisng the aforementioned key you have just sent me...to all 3 of my pc's that i utilise .....

if so could you please give me the correct "link" to the download page/verison I can install.

hope that is clear neough to correct this problem.

PS  would  a new ish verison still see the library I have created, as it is rather large an d re making that would take  a very long time.

MrU

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 02:43:14 pm »

You have got a license for MC12. So you can use all MC12 versions available, newer ones as well as older ones. So you should use this. It is the newest Version 12.0.523 from the top of this board (you can find it also here).

You can install it without uninstalling the currently installed version before. It will make no bad changes to your library and use the library you created. It will work with your license.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 02:48:33 pm »

as your paragraph above states.... make sure the correct version of Media Center is installed  I need to install the correct verison...I believe.
Oh, at least I think I got your point: The "correct version of Media Center" is any version of MC 12. So you can use all MC 12.x.xxx versions you can find, no matter what the last four digits are!

So just install the version I linked above and I'd bet you'll see: it's the right one  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up