INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Low volume  (Read 1833 times)

NimbleRabit

• Recent member
Low volume
« on: July 15, 2008, 03:21:42 pm »

I enjoy using Media Center to organize my video collection in order to make viewing shows and movies easy and enjoyable.  The only problem is that the videos volume is MUCH lower than other players on my computer even though volume in media center is at 100%.  Using Media Player Classic, SMPlayer, VLC, or WMP the volume is something like 150%-200% of J River Media Center.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?  I'm using K-Lite and Core AVC Codecs to play videos.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Low volume
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 03:25:23 pm »

Welcome to Interact.  Vista?

Try right clicking on the speaker icon next to the volume slider and switch between System Volume and Internal Volume.

NimbleRabit

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 03:53:46 pm »

I tried that, it doesn't seem to do anything as far the the volume level goes.  I'm using Windows XP SP3, and my sound is my ASUS motherboard's onboard sound with Realtek drivers.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 05:00:32 pm »

If you have MC's volume set to maximum then the problem is probably caused by the used DirectShow audio decoder or some other audio related DirectsShow filter that happens to be included in the filter chain.

You could try FFDShow or AC3Filter. Both have good options for adjusting audio playback.

Here's more info: http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/DirectShow_Playback_Guide
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 06:38:21 pm »

Try switching playback in options from Direct Sound to Wav Out or vice versa.

NimbleRabit

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 03:21:16 pm »

I turned up the volume in AC3Filter like Alex suggested, and although it makes Media Player Classic really loud if I ever use it, that's not a very big deal.

Thanks for the help.

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 06:35:16 am »

Be sure to check both MC doesn't have volume turned down in the DSP Studio at all,
and equally the other products don't have some volume ramping effects in use.
Pages: [1]   Go Up