INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound Quality just diminished and my volume control is no longer working? MJ12  (Read 1699 times)

sigfreed

Hello-

I have some files stored in different locations on my computer and a lot of them are now in the Audio when i hit the Audio section at the top. They were all the files i had stored in MY Music folder. But i also have other files at seperate locations on my computer(My Shared folder for example).
For some reason all of the files in the AUDIO(My Music) section that appear are now playing with a drastic reduction in fidelity. The richness ,fullness and spaciousness just left the building. When i go to the other location(My Shared folder), the excellent sound quality is still intact. But something happened to the files in the AUDIO(My Music) section and i have no idea what just happened. I never had this problem before ever in WMP for the years that i was using it. I love MJ12 thus far but something just happened and i am clueless as to what.
I don't think i made any changes that would cause this. I don't understand why the one folder sounds excellent and the other just took a quantum leap in the wrong direction?

ALSO i just lost total functionality of my volume control. It just stopped working?

Help please.

thank you
Craig

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

What's different about the files?

sigfreed

Well i was messing around with my sound card settings and i think that did something. I think i have it back now

But what i still don't understand is why before i was able to use the volume adjustment in MJ12 in System mode and it would move my sound cards mixers volume slider when i would look at it. Now it isn't doing that in System mode and is functionless in that setting?
i have it set on internal volume now so that i can adjust the volume using MJ12 and that doesn't change my sound cards mixer settings and it is functional in that setting

But i also like to have that other option as well and don't understand why it was operating in that manner before but not now?

thanks
Craig
Pages: [1]   Go Up