INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Still running build 470  (Read 1835 times)

rjm

• Citizen of the Universe
Still running build 470
« on: August 07, 2008, 12:16:17 pm »

Rats...

I'm still running 12.0.470 and reading this forum every day in the hope that serious problems reported by others get fixed before I update.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Still running build 470
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 12:37:01 pm »

I moved this out of another thread where I had said that there would be no more minor bug fixes in MC12 -- only "show stopper" bugs.

Rats...

I'm still running 12.0.470 and reading this forum every day in the hope that serious problems reported by others get fixed before I update.
Please give 529 a try.  It's stable.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: Still running build 470
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 12:55:29 pm »

At the very least, could you be specific about what issues you're afraid of so that some of us can test it for you?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 12:58:39 pm »

(... moved from the other thread)

Rats...

Serious problems would probably be "show stoppers", but what are they?

If you are afraid of something you should backup your library and test the latest build. If you personally find serious problems then, naturally, you should report.

I have not experienced any serious problems for some time, but I don't use all MC12 features or at least I don't use them all the time.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

rjm

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 02:29:11 pm »

12.0.470 has been working absolutely perfectly for me. I have nothing but good to say about the product.

Normally I am one of the first to update and I form my own opinion about stability through testing, however when a database incompatibility was introduced sometime after 470 I became more cautious because I add new content to my library every day and therefore version roll-back is not an option for me.

I am not at all concerned about "minor" problems or birthing hiccups with new features. My priority is to protect the integrity of my library since it represents thousands of hours of work.

Here are the problems that I am concerned about. Perhaps I missed them but I did not see a release note acknowledging that any of these have been fixed:
- silent rename problem reported by MusicHawk
- MC becoming unresponsive and lockup problems reported by Dr. Cilantro and MusicHawk
- renaming files via expression oddity reported by MusicHawk

Thanks in advance for enlightening me about these issues.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 02:36:11 pm »

Two users having trouble is about as low as it ever gets.  Because ... not all reported problems are MC problems.  Here's an entire thread devoted to "other" problems and their (non-MC) solutions:

Weird Problems

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 02:51:22 pm »

As pointed out already, you can allay your fears simply by backing up your library and testing new versions on a backup if necessary.

rjm

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 02:59:13 pm »

As pointed out already, you can allay your fears simply by backing up your library and testing new versions on a backup if necessary.

Thanks, I do backup every day. However I also add content every day. So if a serious problem exists and I do not find it for several days then when I roll back I have to redit all the new content because of the database incompatibility.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 03:12:42 pm »

If you don't add a lot of content every day, you could freeze new additions for a week and then try it. However, I haven't noticed any library related problems in any build. Those that did exist were fixed quite quickly from what I recall.

Matchbox

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2008, 12:27:56 pm »

I'm still running 12.0456 - before Stacks.

I guess I'll have to give the latest a try.  I had reverted a while ago to 465 due to stack issues and handhelds.

Does anyone know?  If I delete the top file (usually ape or flac) will the Stack delete the cached mp3 file for my handheld automatically?
Pages: [1]   Go Up