INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smartlist Gurus: Can this be done?  (Read 1404 times)

Psyffer23

• World Citizen
Smartlist Gurus: Can this be done?
« on: August 08, 2008, 03:01:14 pm »

I have 2 smartlists I have been unable to figure out how to set up.  The first might be very easy but, I just couldn't get it.  I would like to have a smartlist (or, better yet, a view scheme) where I view my most played ARTISTS in order from most played to least.  I have such a smartlist for songs but, have so far been foiled in setting this up for artists.  This would show the artist with the most TOTAL PLAYS of all songs - not the highest AVERAGE plays as I keep getting.  Secondly, I have a view scheme set up so I can view the artist in my library who have the most files.  It lists the artists in order from most files to least and I have it set up so it shows the number of files under the artist name.  My question is this:  Can I have it set up so that I can also see what rank they are in the list?  For instance, The Beatles are the group with the most files, they are number "1".  Springsteen is number "2" and, so on.  Is there some way to show this ranking number?  I have not been able to find it.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Smartlist Gurus: Can this be done?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 10:20:32 am »

You can't really do grouping-based math in a smartlist like counting the total plays for an artist.  Sorry.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Psyffer23

• World Citizen
Re: Smartlist Gurus: Can this be done?
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 07:29:12 pm »

Well, bummer! but, thanks for the reply, Matt.  Maybe a feature like this might appear in MC13? either way, I'm looking forward to it seeing what comes next.
Pages: [1]   Go Up