INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Minor bug in transfer to portable if transcoding is used with multiple threads  (Read 721 times)

shahrukh

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...

Background scenario:
- I have a FLAC file and want to download to my MP3 player that does not support FLAC
- I activate "conversion" in the transfer to device feature and choose >1 simultaneous conversion
- The first song in the album or playlist is longer than subsequent songs

Under these conditions, a file OTHER than the first finishes transcoding before the first and hence downloads first. Since my handheld is a simple one and has a default (and only as far as I can tell) track ordering based on download sequence, my tracks play out of order. In my case I have a fast CPU, so by the time the first one downloaded, the rest were available to download in sequence, so my sequence was 4, 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, ..., i.e., only the first track out of order.

Not a big deal since I can scale back to 1 conversion thread (>1 has no advantage for me since as I said the conversion is faster than the download and I don't have 4 CPUs anyway ...), but thought I'd mention it anyway so it can be added to some buglist somewhere.

Shahrukh
Pages: [1]   Go Up