INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MediaCenter 12.0.531  (Read 5996 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
MediaCenter 12.0.531
« on: August 21, 2008, 03:23:48 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120531.exe

12.0.531 (8/18/2008)

1. NEW: Added DirectSound channel modes "Hardware Direct (sound card chooses)" and "Do Not Specify Channels" to help with surround sound routing on some hardware.
2. Fixed: In rare cases, quickly switching tracks could cause a dead-lock.

12.0.530 (8/8/2008)

1. Fixed: Pasting using right-click menu > Edit > Paste would not honor the right-click position.
2. Fixed: Pressing 'Enter' in a list could fire two times, causing possible strange behavior.
3. Fixed: Clicking in a thumbnail view could fail to do range selection properly if the stack icon was the first column in details view.
4. Fixed: If the main JRiver tools library was reused by a program without being completely unloaded it could crash. (could cause shell extension crashes)
5. Fixed: Editing the last renamed / created file could unintentionally change the filename in rare cases.
6. Fixed: Nested keywords that reused the same base-path could confuse Theater View.

12.0.529 (8/1/2008)

1. NEW: Discount price for upgrade from MJ12's MP3 encoder ($29.99).
2. Fixed: Multi-line edit controls could insert extra carriage-return characters.

12.0.528 (7/29/2008)

1. Fixed: Values with quotes in them could cause problems during pane multi-select.
2. Fixed: Trying to decode a JMX file without a JMX input plugin loaded could cause a dead-lock.
3. Fixed: Tagging a CUE file database entry could cause the source file to get renamed.
4. Changed: Upgraded iPod database writing to match iTunes 7.7.
5. Fixed: The last played date of "never played" was not supported properly on the iPod.
6. Changed: Revised number handling so that a numeric field that evaluates to zero will show the field's empty display value.
7. Changed: Retry limit for podcasts increased to 1000.
8. Fixed: Pasting in the image editor when a portion of the paste was outside the image could crash.
9. Fixed: "Play in Media Center" from Explorer could drop files if multiple files were selected with Media Center not running.
10. Fixed: Invalid JPEG files that contained multiple images encoded into one file without proper end markers could cause a crash.

mbdundee

• Recent member
Re: MediaCenter 12.0.531
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 09:04:46 am »

1. NEW: Added DirectSound channel modes "Hardware Direct (sound card chooses)" and "Do Not Specify Channels" to help with surround sound routing on some hardware.

Thanks much, selecting "Hardware Direct" resolved the issue I had in the previous release with no sound from rear channels with Audigy 2ZS sound card. Of note: After changing the setting it required a restart of MC to take effect.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 12:03:56 pm »

Of note: After changing the setting it required a restart of MC to take effect.

Restarting playback with a hard stop (i.e. stop button) should also work.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

bjurry

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 03:31:04 pm »

Unfortunately still no resolution for this issue: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=47764.0

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 03:07:50 am »

Serious tagging bug(s), described here.

The bug with zero values (0) described here is still present, too.

gitcheye

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Darned if you do and darned if you don't!
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 07:06:05 am »

I am running windows xp with the latest MC 12.0.531.....Suddenly mc12 is not recognizing my 80 gb ipod.  the error reads "device information cannot be retrieved.  Please reboot your PC and retry."  I have rebooted my pc, rebooted my ipod, reinstalled mc 12 and reformatted my ipod.  I need some help.  Thanks.
Gitcheye

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 07:20:00 am »

I am running windows xp with the latest MC 12.0.531.....Suddenly mc12 is not recognizing my 80 gb ipod.  the error reads "device information cannot be retrieved.  Please reboot your PC and retry."  I have rebooted my pc, rebooted my ipod, reinstalled mc 12 and reformatted my ipod.  I need some help.  Thanks.

You may need to update your firmware by running itunes.  Please post on the iPod/MP3 player board here.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 08:07:30 am »

1)- On the Right-Click menu, sometimes 'Import Into Library' will appear in the MRU listing (never did in the past)

2)- on the Right-Click menu, 'Import Into Library' will often show even when all files selected are already in the library.
In the past this was not available unless un-imported files had been selected.

. . . the game is rigged

JONCAT

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 10:15:18 am »

Seems like a bug. MC won't import this 192kHz sample (wav).

"Library now has 70913 files. Search and update took 0:20.

Imported 0 new files.
Failed to import 1 file.

In-depth details:
Failed to import:
    V:\Transients\Piano_192.wav"

Could be the file maybe?

http://www.digitalaudio.dk/audio.htm

(I can playback .ape and flac already in the library at 192kHz).

DC

Link

• World Citizen
  • Is that some kind of Eastern thing?
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 10:26:39 am »

A few bugs uncovered while ripping a stack of 200 CDs with 12.0.531:

1) Crash on silent files
-All ripping is done in secure mode at max, auto-creating log file, encoded on the fly to FLAC
-For a few CD that have a large number of short files consisteing only of silence (filler tracks), MC will reproducibly crash when it gets to these files.
-Example CDs are Korn's "Follow the Leader" (track 1 - 12) and Cracker's "Kerosene Hat" (Most of tracks 13-98)
-Crash easily eliminated by disabling the option "Analyze audio during ripping" - this seems to be the culprit
-Files give no error if audio analysis is performed via library tools after they have completed ripping

2) Auto-Rip mode forgets folder setting
-I use Secure ripping, and while I often will use Auto-rip, I often take the time to stop between rips to look at the log report to ensure a clean rip before moving on to the next disk.
-I discovered this issue while ripping a stack of 20 soundtrack albums - all of these are Multiple Artist albums.
-I have the option "Use 'Assorted' for multiple artist albums" checked
-I rip the first album - it correctly rips to the [Assorted]/[Soundtrack Album title] location I expect
-If I click on the rip disk action window location after the rip to view the log file, then insert the next album, all continues to work as expected, each soundtrack going under the assorted folder.
-However, whenever I would just put in the next disk without viewing the log, MC would create a new folder for each artist on the album, adding a whole pile of folders with 1 track in each.

3) NOT a bug - just additional things that came up during this process:
-The secure rip report is hard to quickly skim for results, especially when there are many retries.  Having one summary line at the top or bottom to read (something like "Secure Rip Successful") would make it much easier to quickly parse.
-When you close MC while it is still writing tags, it would be useful to be warned  or notified that it is still active - otherwise when I shut down the machine it looks like MC is unable to close because it hung.... not because it is actually doing what I told it to. (I overloaded it with cover art writes).

Thanks - MC is an AMAZING tool.

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 11:07:08 am »

In either the file-list window either under the panes in a View Scheme, the Playing Now view, or in the 'My Computer' folders section:
click on any file to select it,
then press Ctrl-A to select-all,

MC selects all files except the file you had clicked/selected initially (basically inverting the selection instead of selecting all).
. . . the game is rigged

craft

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2008, 03:50:44 pm »

when playing m4a files volume control doesn't work. It says "Volume: N/A".

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2008, 04:18:10 pm »

when playing m4a files volume control doesn't work. It says "Volume: N/A".

It is "N/A" if you use the Internal Volume option and MC is configured to use QuickTme decoding for m4a.

I'd recommend to install the DC-Bass Source DirectShow filter and configure MC to use DirectShow decoding. You would be able to use Internal Volume and several other DSP and playback options, which are not possible when MC is configured to use QT.

The filter is available here: http://www.dsp-worx.de/index.php?n=15

More info:
http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/MP4_and_M4A_File_Support
http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/DirectShow_Playback_Guide
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2008, 10:23:31 am »

Right clicking on a playlist in the root playlist folder (but not in sub-folders) when another playlist is selected leads to the selected action being taken on the playlist that was previously selected, rather than the playlist that was right-clicked.

Bonex

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2008, 04:19:00 pm »

I have discovered a bug when I input a song title in Japanese. MC refuses to recognize these two characters: ー ~ and displays a ? instead. Well, there are a few other graphical symbols that don't work, but they are extremely rare and fortunately there's a workaround...

How to reproduce it:
Rename a song to some title including one or both these characters: ー ~
For example: ラ・ロンド・リュネール~La Ronde Lunaire~
MC will input: ラ・ロンド・リュネ?ル?La Ronde Lunaire?
This happens with both the IME pad of WinXP and copy&pasting from an internet page.

Workaround:
Rename manually the file with Windows Explorer to, say, 3 - ラ・ロンド・リュネール~La Ronde Lunaire~.mp3
Import again the file in MC and use the Fill Properties from Filename command with the appropriate mask (in this case [track #] - [Name]).
The song name is then imported correctly.

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2008, 07:08:58 am »

While tagging 'Styles' (semi-colon deliminated list) using the mouse wheel to scroll causes MC to close the list of checkbox choices and scroll the filelist rather than scrolling the available checkboxes for further selection.
. . . the game is rigged

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2008, 10:58:59 am »

I have discovered a bug when I input a song title in Japanese. MC refuses to recognize these two characters: ー ~ and displays a ? instead. Well, there are a few other graphical symbols that don't work, but they are extremely rare and fortunately there's a workaround...

How to reproduce it:
Rename a song to some title including one or both these characters: ー ~
For example: ラ・ロンド・リュネール~La Ronde Lunaire~
MC will input: ラ・ロンド・リュネ?ル?La Ronde Lunaire?
This happens with both the IME pad of WinXP and copy&pasting from an internet page.

Workaround:
Rename manually the file with Windows Explorer to, say, 3 - ラ・ロンド・リュネール~La Ronde Lunaire~.mp3
Import again the file in MC and use the Fill Properties from Filename command with the appropriate mask (in this case [track #] - [Name]).
The song name is then imported correctly.

Good find :)
Can confirm that one.
There was a bug regarding Unicode filenames a while back, could these two be related?

-Leezer-

rjm

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2008, 03:41:49 pm »

You may need to update your firmware by running itunes.  Please post on the iPod/MP3 player board here.

I updated from 12.0.470 to 12.0.531. When connecting my iPod Nano 2G I get error "Device information cannot be retrieved". Details of this problem can be found here http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=47932.0

iTunes reports that my firmware is up to date.

I have reverted to 12.0.470 and everything is ok again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up