INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FFDShow Video Slowdown  (Read 3068 times)

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
FFDShow Video Slowdown
« on: August 24, 2008, 07:59:37 am »

I just installed CCCP, descaler5 and configured Dscaler filter, Blur & NR and Resize & Aspect as I've done the last 3 years.
DVD playback is about perfect, but when I use the same setting for avi, the video is lowed down to about half speed.

After a bit of clicking in the settings it seems like the Resize & Aspect is the only setting who does not affect the speed, even though it should be the most prosessor intensive.
Blur & NR sets the speed to about half, and the DScaler filter reduces it a little on top of this.
If I remove Blur & NR it's almost back to normal, but the video is far behind the sound. Removing DScaler filter as well speeds up the video untill it catches up with the sound.

Under Blur & NR it looks like it's just denoise 3D who's not working right. Exactly the setting I need offcourse. I'm using a Dscaler filter called FLT_Sharpness_sse2.dll. It's been with me for years.

Anyone have an idea of what's going on? I've been using the same setup alot of times, never had any problems like this. Only change I've done is adding a new sound card.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: FFDShow Video Slowdown
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 08:36:40 am »

There's an ffdshow setting that may affect it.  Check our Wiki on DirectShow.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 10:00:50 am »

I'd ask over on Doom9 or the CCCP Forum (or IRC channel).  AVSForum might be helpful as well.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

MrHaugen

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 05:33:01 pm »

I feel I have checked about all ffdshow settings there is. The DirectShow guide does not give any pointers to this spesific problem either. Have read it several times in the past.
I Asked over in CCCP forums. We got some logs to verify the source, and at first they thought the install of CCCP was corrupted. I tried over and over again to install it. Even restored a clean image of XP SP3 and started again. As I tried Zoom Player with ffdshow activated for AVI, and played the file simultaniously on both players, I have come to the conclusion that this have to be a bug from MC's side.

There is either something that have been changed with the DirectShow part of MC within the last 100 builds, or there is new stuff in XP SP3 that MC12 does not handle well.

Is it possible for any of you to test this on a clean XP SP3 computer, with latest CCCP installed with only default settings?
FFDShow raw video activated for avi, and Dscaler filter, Blur & NR and Resize & Aspect selected in their default position?
I get a problem with Denoise 3D under Blur & NR, as well as FLT_Sharpness_sse2.dll under DScaler filter.

I also have a huge problem with "No correction" under aspect ratio. It does still change the ratio, but that is another problem and discussion.

Have not looked at other file types yet. Will go that tomorrow.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 06:30:25 pm »

You could try other DirectShow filters.  Take a look at zoom to see what it's using.

MrHaugen

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 04:38:49 pm »

You could try other DirectShow filters.  Take a look at zoom to see what it's using.

Actually I'm not sure at all. I'm no expert on this subject. Just been told what's best to use.

I KNOW that Zoom Player are using FFDShow, as I can enable or disabe settings and see the difference live. The dscaler filter and denoise 3D are making trouble.
Can't seem to find other filters to check for differences. Zoom Player probably uses haali splitter and the best of the filters provided by the CCCP, but I can't find more filter details as the version that comes with CCCP are rather reduced.

Is it not possible for you guys test CCCP with FFDShow? Nothing else is needed. The Denoise 3D settings under Blur & NR will cause the problems. Probably. I'm feeling so lost here. Codecs are not exactly my area of expertise.

Is there anyone else that is using this combination?

MrHaugen

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 04:05:41 pm »

I thought of another possible reason as to why this is happening: The newer version of CCCP.
I removed the old pack and installed one from from 2007, and there it was. The perfect post processing I've gotten so used to.

Bottom line is that the new version does not work with MC12, but it does work with Zoom Player and possibly other players as well.
Older CCCP's works on every player I have tried.

I'll ask if someone can test it over in the CCCP forums. Hopefully someone will look into the problem. I'm at a dead end it seems.

I'm sorry for being so quick as to point out MC12 to be the cause of the problem.
It was the most logical to think at the time, as the ZP worked with seemingly the same settings.
Now, I'm not sure wich app is to be blamed....

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 04:37:38 pm »

I'm sorry for being so quick as to point out MC12 to be the cause of the problem.
Hey thanks for saying so.  We get bricks thrown at us all the time and people rarely even half apologize.  It's big of you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up