INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Organizing doesn't work....  (Read 940 times)

stevecramer22

Organizing doesn't work....
« on: August 24, 2008, 10:18:45 am »

It should be simple and straight forward. I have the latest .531 build and on first opening, I go to 'Audio', then 'Artist', then scroll down to any particular artist name and have the 'All' highlighed under 'Album' and 'Genre' of course and I should see all enties for any artist I pick...right?

NO...I don't. I pick an artist say, 'Patti Page', MC12 states I have 2 songs(enties) and I know that couldn't be, so I use Windows own search and find all 27 Patti Page song I have. All the song are on the same drive within sub-directories within the folder that MC12 is suppose to be using.

If I just click open 'Audio' and stay right there, then click the heading 'Artist' I then see all enties for 'Patti Page'. But if I go looking for her I simply have the same 2 songs as above.

Any idea why this is happening?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Organizing doesn't work....
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 10:30:49 am »

Try a search for a title you think should be there.

Maybe they are a filetype you're not importing.  That can be changed in the options for import, under advanced.

How did you import?

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Re: Organizing doesn't work....
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 10:33:09 pm »

If all of the files have definitely been imported correctly into MC, but are not showing up under "Patti Page" properly when you click on that artist, then it means that each file has different tag information. Maybe the spelling of "Patti Page" is different for each file, or some of the files havent been tagged with "Patti Page" yet.

If you find one patti page song and right click on it, then click on "Location>inside media center" you will see the folder where those files are kept. If all the patti page files are in the same folder, select them all and then in the "Tagging" action window, check that the "artist" "album" "genre" tags are all the same.
Pages: [1]   Go Up