INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can someone with an iPod, iTunes, and Apple DRMed tracks try something for me?  (Read 1408 times)

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I am having an issue where when I do anything with DRMed tracks in MC12 it 'breaks' my authorization in iTunes.  If I tag, attempt to play, etc an m4p iTunes Audio DRM file then the next time I sync to my iPod touch using iTunes - iTunes has lost the autorization settings and all my apps and DRM tracks get deleted off the iPod.  The tracks aren't a big deal, but the apps (when removed and re-added) lose their settings and screen locations.  If someone could test this and confirm that it does/does not happen to them too then that would let me know if the issue with with MC12 or with something else on my machine.  Thanks.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team

2 Weeks, 65 views, no responses.  Can I assume that no one on this board (including MC developers) has Apple DRMed files to test this and post their results.
With the call for 'last chance for fixes' it appears that MC12 is broken for DRMed Apple files.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Apple DRM'ed files require QT to be played in MC.

Did you try playing them with QT?

There isn't a lot we can do on some things Apple chooses to do.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team

Apple DRM'ed files require QT to be played in MC.

Did you try playing them with QT?

There isn't a lot we can do on some things Apple chooses to do.

Everything works fine in Quicktime.  Everything falls apart when MC12 tries to play the file:  everything from constant UAC switching (that frequently leads to a blue-screen crash) to iTunes loosing all of its authorizations to play DRM files on my machine.  I understand your hands are tied to some extent when it comes to DRMed tracks, but I am just trying to confirm if this is an MC12 issue or a system specific issue.  I've done everything I can think of to troubleshoot from my end, and the issue appears to be that MC12 does not work properly with Apple DRM tracks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

My guess is that the problem is with Vista security, not with MC or QT.
Pages: [1]   Go Up