INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVD Playback Error?  (Read 1002 times)

cholke

DVD Playback Error?
« on: August 28, 2008, 09:30:33 pm »

I had to reinstall Vista and Media Center. I am trying to configure DVD Playback thru ffdshow. When I click on the "DVD Playback Settings" option in the Tools->Options box, I get a box saying that my system is not configured properly for DVD playback. It offers to download "Intervideo DVD XPack". If I click the "View Error Text" button, it tells me that "The video decoder 'ffdshow Video Decoder' could not be used for DVD playback" and asks me to select another video decoder. I use ffdshow in TheaterTek so I know it is installed and working.

My issue is that I love the interface for music with JRiver including G-Force for visualizations with my FLAC rips. However, the MyMovies interface for Vista Media Center (which I cannot stand the music interface) is more what I am looking for from movies and allows me to use TheaterTek and ffdshow. I have worked with my configuration until it looks pretty nice. If I could get this to work, I might consider using JRiver even though the interface isn't as nice for movies. My wife thinks it is pretty silly that I have spent all this money and time and have to shift between two programs.

Thanks,
Craig

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: DVD Playback Error?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 09:39:20 pm »

Please try our Wiki on DVD Playback.

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: DVD Playback Error?
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 03:18:34 am »

Probably missing a decoder for the DVD's. Download and install Dscaler 5 to decode, select it under options and DVD playback, and select ffdshow as a filter.
This is at least what I have done.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up