INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trouble with License Restore  (Read 2066 times)

freeridingolfer

• Recent member
Trouble with License Restore
« on: August 31, 2008, 12:36:58 pm »

I recently purchased a new desktop and am trying to install my purchased license for MC 12 on it. I successfully requested a temporary license replacement for my original license purchased back in June of '06, but when I go to install it, it is for MC 13 and is not valid for MC 12. It asks if I want to upgrade (for $19.98). To the best of my knowledge, MC 13 beta 1 is not scheduled to come out until September 10th. I probably will upgrade to MC 13 at some point in the future, but asking me to do so before even the first beta is made available is ridiculous. Can someone please contact me directly to resolve this (as there appears to me know way to contact JRiver customer support directly).

- Drew

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Trouble with License Restore
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 12:40:50 pm »

Update MC12.  The most recent builds of MC12 will use either an MC12 or an MC13 license.

freeridingolfer

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 01:17:43 pm »

Update MC12.  The most recent builds of MC12 will use either an MC12 or an MC13 license.

I was running 529. Updated to the latest (531), still does not work. Tells me license is not valid, asks if I'd like to upgrade then takes me to a an ugrade page for MC 13 (which is not even available in beta form)...

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 01:45:04 pm »

I recently purchased a new desktop and am trying to install my purchased license for MC 12 on it. I successfully requested a temporary license replacement for my original license purchased back in June of '06, but when I go to install it, it is for MC 13 and is not valid for MC 12. It asks if I want to upgrade (for $19.98) ...

Looks like no one from JRiver is online just now, but have you inversed the version numbers or something? I don't understand how an MC12 license can state that it is valid only for MC13.

Does the email you got from the restore system state that the license is for MC12? Do you, by any chance, have an older MC11 license too?

It is now possible to by a new MC13 licence and use it with the latest MC12 builds, but certainly a license from 2006 should not be an MC13 licence and in any case an MC13 license should work with MC 12.0.531.

Something strange is going on if what you said is correct and you did not make a mistake with the version number. I hope you still have some of the trial period left so that you can continue to use MC12 until the problem is solved.

My old MC12 registration works with the latest build, though I have not restored it for ages.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 02:00:38 pm »

I just checked the change logs and some old forum threads. MC12 was not publicly available before August 10, 2006 (or maybe a few days later). Could you have tried to restore your MC11 license instead of the MC12 license?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

freeridingolfer

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 02:44:14 pm »

I just checked the restore e-mail I got from JRiver and it is for MC 11. I did originally purchase MC 11 and then upgraded to 12 about 6 months later. I don't have my Registration Code(s) so I used the e-mail option to have JRiver e-mail the Reg Code to the e-mail I registered under. I guess my upgrade purchase did not get credited to my registratin e-mail or something since that function is mailing a Reg Code for MC11, which in turn e-mails me a temporary license for MC 11, which in turn tells me to upgrade, which displays an upgrade page for MC 13, which is what threw the whole thing off. Any ideas on how to resolve this? I don't want to pay for an upgrade to MC 12 again since I already did that back in 2006.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 03:22:35 pm »

You have an MC12 license.  The e-mail for it is jriver@d...r.net.  Let me know if you want it changed.  You can e-mail me at jimh at jriver.

freeridingolfer

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 03:54:37 pm »

You have an MC12 license.  The e-mail for it is jriver@d...r.net.  Let me know if you want it changed.  You can e-mail me at jimh at jriver.

Got it. Thanks so much for the help (and the great product!)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2008, 05:12:56 pm »

You're welcome.  Sorry for the trouble.

Sprtfan

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2008, 05:21:12 pm »

I'm having the exact same problem.  I think I purchased MC 11, upgraded to 12 later.  I have a new machine and when I try to restore it takes me to an upgrade page for MC 13.  Do I need to email my old reg code to someone so I can get a new one?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2008, 05:32:33 pm »

You have both an MC11 and an MC12 license in our system.

Get the version of MC12 from the download page.
Try restoring. 
Report any problems.

That version of MC12 can use an MC12 or an MC13 license.
Pages: [1]   Go Up