INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Matroska audio files (.mka)  (Read 5292 times)

DaremoS

• World Citizen
  • Rock is not just music... is a way of living
Matroska audio files (.mka)
« on: September 03, 2008, 12:13:20 pm »

I was reading an old topic http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=45972.msg315345#msg315345 where Yaobing write the following:
mka used to be not on the list of types playable in MC. We recently added it. Therefore you no longer need to rename mka to mkv. It should import and play.

That's true but .MKA files are treated as Video files, which is wrong: genres aren't the same.
Functionally it works, it's possible also to select tracks from the directx filter which is open.
I know that a full implementation should be a lot of work. I mean to add embedded playlist on "playing now"...
but for the moment to add such files as Music would be a nice improvement.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Matroska audio files (.mka)
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 06:45:13 am »

That's true but .MKA files are treated as Video files, which is wrong: genres aren't the same.
Functionally it works, it's possible also to select tracks from the directx filter which is open.
I know that a full implementation should be a lot of work. I mean to add embedded playlist on "playing now"...
but for the moment to add such files as Music would be a nice improvement.

Can you explain a bit more please. What do you mean by "mka files are treated as video files". Are they imported with "Video" media type? If so, there may be a bug. I can not think of anything else, except that the configuration of it is under Video - all DirectShow playback options are under "Video", but that does not mean audio is treated as video.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

DaremoS

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 08:38:56 pm »

Can you explain a bit more please. What do you mean by "mka files are treated as video files". Are they imported with "Video" media type? If so, there may be a bug. I can not think of anything else, except that the configuration of it is under Video - all DirectShow playback options are under "Video", but that does not mean audio is treated as video.

They are imported with "Video" media type.
It' not difficult to correct them manually by changing type in tag to "audio". Then genre can be correctly assigned
But it's a bug as you said.

Despite of change the type to "audio" the file it's treated as video in directshow filters.

Here is a graph taken with MC

Filter Graph Info:

Filter 'DirectSound: SB Audigy 2 Audio [DF00]'
        CLSID: {79376820-07D0-11CF-A24D-0020AFD79767}
        Host: C:\WINDOWS\system32\quartz.dll
        Input Pin 'Audio Input pin (rendered)'
            Connected to pin 'XForm Out' of filter 'CoreFLAC Audio Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'Video Mixing Renderer 9'
        CLSID: {51B4ABF3-748F-4E3B-A276-C828330E926A}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'VMR Input0'
            Connected to pin 'XForm Out' of filter 'Color Space Converter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_ARGB32, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo
        Input Pin 'VMR Input1'

Filter 'CoreFLAC Audio Decoder'
        CLSID: {5DBB7F32-16AF-41C8-9D4B-7D47654B7650}
        Host: C:\WINDOWS\system32\CoreFLACDecoder.ax
        Input Pin 'XForm In'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Audio'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {1541C5C0-CDDF-477D-BC0A-86F8AE7F8354}, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Output Pin 'XForm Out'
            Connected to pin 'Audio Input pin (rendered)' of filter 'DirectSound: SB Audigy 2 Audio [DF00]'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'Color Space Converter'
        CLSID: {1643E180-90F5-11CE-97D5-00AA0055595A}
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Video'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_RGB32, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo
        Output Pin 'XForm Out'
            Connected to pin 'VMR Input0' of filter 'Video Mixing Renderer 9'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_ARGB32, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo

Filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Audio'
        CLSID: {A4207487-E7D8-406B-9882-B66370DE2492}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Audio' of filter 'F:\Musica\MKA-WV\oasis_standing_on_the_shoulder_of_giants_flac.sf.net_cd-quality_matroska.org.mka'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {1541C5C0-CDDF-477D-BC0A-86F8AE7F8354}, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'XForm In' of filter 'CoreFLAC Audio Decoder'

Filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Video'
        Host:
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Video' of filter 'F:\Musica\MKA-WV\oasis_standing_on_the_shoulder_of_giants_flac.sf.net_cd-quality_matroska.org.mka'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_RGB32, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'Color Space Converter'

Filter 'F:\Musica\MKA-WV\oasis_standing_on_the_shoulder_of_giants_flac.sf.net_cd-quality_matroska.org.mka'
        CLSID: {55DA30FC-F16B-49FC-BAA5-AE59FC65F82D}
        Host: C:\Archivos de programa\K-Lite Codec Pack\Filters\Haali\splitter.ax
        Output Pin 'Video'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Video'
        Output Pin 'Audio'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Audio'

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 08:41:55 pm »

Is your version of MC current?  What build?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 05:10:40 pm »

Filter Graph Info:

Filter 'DirectSound: SB Audigy 2 Audio [DF00]'
        CLSID: {79376820-07D0-11CF-A24D-0020AFD79767}
        Input Pin 'Audio Input pin (rendered)'
            Connected to pin 'XForm Out' of filter 'CoreFLAC Audio Decoder'

Filter 'Video Mixing Renderer 9'
        CLSID: {51B4ABF3-748F-4E3B-A276-C828330E926A}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'VMR Input0'
            Connected to pin 'XForm Out' of filter 'Color Space Converter'
        Input Pin 'VMR Input1'

Filter 'CoreFLAC Audio Decoder'
        CLSID: {5DBB7F32-16AF-41C8-9D4B-7D47654B7650}
        Host: C:\WINDOWS\system32\CoreFLACDecoder.ax
        Input Pin 'XForm In'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Audio'
        Output Pin 'XForm Out'
            Connected to pin 'Audio Input pin (rendered)' of filter 'DirectSound: SB Audigy 2 Audio [DF00]'

Filter 'Color Space Converter'
        CLSID: {1643E180-90F5-11CE-97D5-00AA0055595A}
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Video'
        Output Pin 'XForm Out'
            Connected to pin 'VMR Input0' of filter 'Video Mixing Renderer 9'

Filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Audio'
        Host:
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Audio' of filter 'F:\Musica\MKA-WV\oasis_standing_on_the_shoulder_of_giants_flac.sf.net_cd-quality_matroska.org.mka'
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'XForm In' of filter 'CoreFLAC Audio Decoder'

Filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Video'
        Host:
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Video' of filter 'F:\Musica\MKA-WV\oasis_standing_on_the_shoulder_of_giants_flac.sf.net_cd-quality_matroska.org.mka'
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'Color Space Converter'

Filter 'F:\Musica\MKA-WV\oasis_standing_on_the_shoulder_of_giants_flac.sf.net_cd-quality_matroska.org.mka'
        CLSID: {55DA30FC-F16B-49FC-BAA5-AE59FC65F82D}
        Host: C:\Archivos de programa\K-Lite Codec Pack\Filters\Haali\splitter.ax
        Output Pin 'Video'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Video'
        Output Pin 'Audio'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Audio'

Your mka file is a video file because Haali Media Splitter treats it a video by creating a Video output pin. Are you sure it is an audio file? When you play, what do you see on screen?

The bug, if any, would be in Haali Media Splitter.

DaremoS

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 06:37:56 pm »

Your mka file is a video file because Haali Media Splitter treats it a video by creating a Video output pin. Are you sure it is an audio file? When you play, what do you see on screen?

The bug, if any, would be in Haali Media Splitter.

It's an audio file... I receive it from a friend who put the FLAC album, the embedded playlist and the cover of the album in .MKA file...
I see the cover in screen and in haali directshow icon appears the playlist... fully functional... this is that I am able to select which track to play.
It seems that this haali media splitter is used for both .mka and .mkv

In MC manually marked as "audio" it plays ok, it's correctly tagged and in selection by file type appears MKA among all the other file types it has my collection.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 09:01:30 am »

It seems that this haali media splitter is used for both .mka and .mkv

Yes, Haali Media Splitter is the filter to use for any Metroska files.
The problem is, whether the program that created your mka files mistakenly put a dummy video stream in the  file, or there is a bug in Haali so it mistakenly output a dummy video stream. I do not have a mka file to test myself, and I do not understand Matroska enough to say whether all mka files are supposed to behave like that.

When you play it, after changing the media type to audio, do you see anything unusual (such as a blank video window popping up)?

I can certain change the code a bit so that we always treat mka as audio.

DaremoS

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 05:28:05 pm »

Yes, Haali Media Splitter is the filter to use for any Metroska files.
The problem is, whether the program that created your mka files mistakenly put a dummy video stream in the  file, or there is a bug in Haali so it mistakenly output a dummy video stream. I do not have a mka file to test myself, and I do not understand Matroska enough to say whether all mka files are supposed to behave like that.

I've tested such files with other of my players like Cowon jetAudio and plays the file exactly as MC, forced to read .MKA it opens Haali filter and show that's playing an .MKV file :)... all directshow players acts the same (WMP11 for instance). Players with internal codec like KMPlayer and VLC did the same but does opens Haali filter.

When you play it, after changing the media type to audio, do you see anything unusual (such as a blank video window popping up)?

No, MC just open display screen and Haali splitter in tray.

I can certain change the code a bit so that we always treat mka as audio.

This will be nice and surely wont affect people as .MKA isn't a common extension.
Pages: [1]   Go Up