INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I import Itunes songs and artwork  (Read 2219 times)

Jgoul

• Recent member
How do I import Itunes songs and artwork
« on: September 12, 2008, 01:28:55 pm »

Hi,

I've been using MC for 3 Years nows.  its great!!!  I do have a lot of itunes songs and can not figure the best way to import those songs into JMRC along with its repsective artwork.  I am sure its an easy answer.

thanks for your help

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: How do I import Itunes songs and artwork
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 02:10:52 pm »

I'm not so sure it is.

Jgoul

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 02:48:15 pm »

thans.  I was hoping you didnt sa that. 

I typcially just burn and rip the itunes songs which works fine but it does not take the art work with it

benn600

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 11:29:27 pm »

I sincerely dislike iTunes (anger censored for family save forum) and actively make sure I never buy anything through iTunes.  The program is horribly worthless in so many ways, especially file format support.  It's truly somewhat of a blissful environment to imagine a world where you have purchased no media and can just buy everything with one click.  But then you forget the real world and that MP3s aren't that awesome (AAC).  It's sick that in this day and age we still deal with these ridiculous computer incompatibilities with FORMATS!  Of all the things we should MASTER that should be one of them.  We shouldn't be unable to play something because the file format isn't supported!  Downloads the necessary support files and PLAY the dang thing.

Just another reason why I am locked to the MC way of doing things -- but know that I'm staying on my own and not being kept here.

Jgoul

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 04:27:45 pm »

I hear ya..

Where is there a good place to buy music?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 06:16:17 pm »

You can buy MP3 files from Amazon from within MC.  It's under Services in the tree.

We have another option coming soon.

benn600

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 06:28:24 pm »

How about a one-click option to import iTunes media, uninstall iTunes, and destroy their auto updater?  Coming soon?

Anyone else notice from the Apple keynote how the new iTunes v8 software steals the MC way of viewing albums?  Yes, its not some groundbreaking method but it took them a while to get it!  And duh, when you have one song per CD it wastes so much space.

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 09:18:28 pm »

Hi,

I've been using MC for 3 Years nows.  its great!!!  I do have a lot of itunes songs and can not figure the best way to import those songs into JMRC along with its repsective artwork.  I am sure its an easy answer.

I do this, but I work cross-platform. Most of the iTunes Music store files I 'buy' (only the free ones), I purchase on a Mac. There are AppleScripts that can extract the artwork at: http://dougscripts.com/itunes/index.php

I then use MC to import the m4p files AND the extracted artwork, then use MC to manage and play them back from there....

I don't know if there are similar artwork extraction utilities on the Windows side of the world....

brad
Pages: [1]   Go Up