INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Artist Pane Doesn't Hold Setting - Bug Introduced sometime after 512  (Read 1067 times)

jack wallstreet

• Citizen of the Universe

In 531, the "artist" pane doesn't seem to hold a setting (and I am pretty sure in earlier versions it used to) OR I have done something wrong, but I haven't a clue.

I use a 5 panes: the far right one is "album" and the next most right one is "artist".  (album is to the right of artist)

When I click on an artist, I see only the albums for that artist.  That works

When I click on the album for that artist, I expect to see the songs for that artist-album combination in the main window.  That doesn't always work anymore.

It appears that if the album is a duplicate name and exists for other artists, the "artist" checkbox resets to "all" and I get all the songs for any album that has that name.  I am pretty sure that didn't used to happen

EDIT: In looking at this more closely, the artist ALWAYS resets to ALL as soon as I click on the album.  The album list stays associated with the artist I originally cliked on, but the song detail behind the album name switches to "all".  This doesn't seem right and certainly isn't the way I used to be able to do it.

2ND EDIT - I have now checked this enough that it is consistantly reproducible on my system and does not occur on build 512.  It is in build 533.  The problem is also in 526, but I don't have anything between 512 and 526 so can't tell for sure when it was introduced.

I know this isn't fatal, but it sure is incovenient for me and I have reverted to 512.  Since 13 won't be safe for awhile, can I say "please fix, pretty, pretty please, with sugar on it???
John
Pages: [1]   Go Up