INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Direct to Big Screen in Theater View  (Read 1658 times)

blewis

• Recent member
Direct to Big Screen in Theater View
« on: September 19, 2008, 09:23:00 pm »

In Theater view, when I select a video from the remote, I would like it to start playing in big screen mode directly.  Currently it goes to Now Playing and the video is shown smaller.  I have click the big screen button to make it go full screen.

Thanks,
Bryan

Puffkin123

• Recent member
Re: Direct to Big Screen in Theater View
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 09:28:23 pm »

I was just about to ask this same question, there should be a hot key you can press to go directly to Big Screen visualization after you pick a song.. Mabye there is a way already?

blewis

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 09:55:25 pm »

The problem is, if there is a specific hotkey, how to I program the remote to do that?  My remote (Harmony) has an OK (Enter) key in the middle of the direction pad, and I want to use that to select the video I want.  Obviously I cannot program that key with another hotkey just for videos because it gets used all over the place for other functions.  I would be better if it were possible to simply set the viewing options per area (audio, video, photos) separately so that you can control the starting playing behavior distinctly for each.  e.g. -- on audio, I want to go to Now Playing, but for videos I want Big Screen.  To me, going directly to big screen makes sense for videos (in my case, ripped movies).  I am setting up the videos for the wife/kids to have a library of our DVDs.  Making them go into Now playing, then use the remote to move over to the Big Screen button is just too much.

Thanks,
Bryan

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 06:51:34 am »

Ctrl-1, ctrl-2, etc. select views.

F11 also cycles through some views.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 10:10:15 am »

Go into Tools > Options.
Choose Theater View on the left column.
Expande Behavior on the right column.
Look at the setting for JUMP ON PLAY.
Set to "Display view if has display".

Puffkin123

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 02:10:23 am »

I was able to get it to always display full screen visualizer by editing tools. But there should be a specific button we can program to jump out and into visualizer. Because if i want to play 1 song, and add a few more to queue. I want to be able to start the song, add another song or 2 to the queue and then press a single button to jump to visualizer without having to go through the Playing Now Playlist menu.. Is this possible?
Pages: [1]   Go Up