INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Automatic "Listening to..."  (Read 2093 times)

Vlad

Automatic "Listening to..."
« on: July 26, 2002, 05:40:22 am »

At the risk of infuriating the privacy nazis, can I suggest a check box on the Interact Posting pages which, if checked, would automatically append the "Listening to..." details is MJ is playing.  Those who object, could simply decline the required cookie or whatever is needed.

I find it really interesting to see what people out there are listening to, but know how easy it is to forget to retrieve and paste it.  I forget more often than not.

Vlad

RE:Automatic
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2002, 05:41:06 am »

See, I just forgot again.

Listening to: 'I'm In The Mood For Love' from 'As Time Goes By' by 'Bryan Ferry' on Media Jukebox

Mirko

• Galactic Citizen
  • Coffee ready?
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2002, 06:11:54 am »

I'd like that

scodan

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2002, 10:15:14 am »

I like that idea as well, Vlad.

At the risk of sounding clueless, is there currently an MJ plugin or something that makes it possible to automatically update "Listening to" information?  I know there are Winamp plugins like that; they generate TXT or HTML files based on whatever Winamp is playing.  Then, you can point to those files with an http:// prefix in whatever forum profiles support that sort of thing.

I've been wondering how people put "Listening to" blurbs in their "signatures".  I guess it's been done the hard way...

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2002, 10:18:54 am »

Scodan,
Did you try a right click on "Playing Now"?
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

petersohal

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2002, 10:21:54 am »

Currently, you can right-click on the Playing Now icon on the organization tree and click "Copy Listening To" and then just paste into your e-mail, Word doc etc.

Peter

Listening to: 'Tour De France (12 Inch Remix)' by 'Kraftwerk' on Media Jukebox

scodan

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2002, 10:30:36 am »

Ah...  Yet another MJ feature I didn't know about.  (Please pardon me...  it's all still very new to me.)

I don't think I can use this feature, or any possible future plugin, because some of my media files have rather, uhh...  "colorful" titles.

A plugin could be cleverly designed to edit choice words and phrases, but I doubt I'll ever see such a creation.  And obviously the "right click 'Playing Now'" feature doesn't do it.

zevele1

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2002, 10:43:51 am »

I'am sure that there is an automatic #######
Let see

Listening to: '#### Richard Up' from 'The Germ' by 'Victims Family' on Media Jukebox
Listening to: 'Pure ####ing Armageddon' from 'European Legion' by 'Mayhem' on Media Jukebox

Listening to: 'This Time (So ####ed)' from 'Set And Setting' by 'Bardo Pond' on Media Jukebox

If not ,just delete my post

zevele1

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2002, 10:45:46 am »

you see,i was right...
Now ,i'am thinking about a crack about the filter..........

scodan

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2002, 11:01:28 am »

There's no filter--you modded that post to add the ######'s!

The post mod times reflect as much, plus I got an unedited email notification.  :)

zevele1

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2002, 11:45:49 am »

there is filter i tell you.
Instead of arguing,just try

RhinoBanga

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Developer
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2002, 06:27:12 am »

Friends,

You may want to look at V2 of Album View ... it implements global hotkeys that copy the currently playing track to the clipboard.

The text that is copied is configurable too ... so you can have a plain text version and an IRC colourfull one if you want.

Check out http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/interact/NeoBoard.pl?Action=ShowPost&Board=inter&Post=11563&BoardIdle=7&SortingBy=0&BoardOrder=Descend&Page=0 for more information.
Pages: [1]   Go Up