INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best way to connect MC to stereo & search and play songs?  (Read 2082 times)

loop

• hale to JR...
Best way to connect MC to stereo & search and play songs?
« on: October 01, 2008, 05:45:40 pm »

Hello,

What's the best way to connect my music to my home stereo so I can sit on my cough and select and play tunes (no TV hookup). I looked at Sonos and Logitech Sqeezbox but it isn't clear how this works with MC software or if I have to resort to other software (I'm bias toward JRiver).

I have been using a old PC that is connected to my stereo and using media server however, I'd like not to have to use the PC and just use uPNP that I've been reading about but I'm not sure what I'd be giving up.

It would be neat to be able to browse and play songs from a remote or wifi device like Zune, iTouch or other....

From reading the board, it looks like Popcorn is good for Video, et al through a HDTV but I'm not there yet. I just want to play tunes from my massive collection.

Any words of wisdom? Thank you very much!

loop

• hale to JR...
Re: Best way to connect MC to stereo & search and play songs?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 01:24:20 pm »

Okay, I see the iPhone MC controller. That is cool. http://melloware.com/products/rivermote/

What is the best hardware then to connect as an input to the stereo? Would any upnp wireless device work?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Best way to connect MC to stereo & search and play songs?
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 01:33:53 pm »

Sorry.  I missed this yesterday.  Here's a link to UPnP on our Wiki:
http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/UPnP_Server_and_Devices_%28Media_Receivers%29

There's a list of supported devices there.

There are some posts about melloware products on the Third Party Board here.  Click on Home above left.
Pages: [1]   Go Up