INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center and Philips Streamium WAC 3500 UPnP  (Read 5416 times)

nickhoppo

Media Center and Philips Streamium WAC 3500 UPnP
« on: October 13, 2008, 02:00:16 pm »

Hi guys!

I don't have the best grasp of UPnP so I was wondering if one of you clever people could help me out? I have a shiney Philips WAC 3500 with lots of music on it, I now want to go one step further and play the music on the Philips WAC 3500 on my PC, i.e. streaming from the device to my PC.

Now I can use the software that came with the hi-fi but it's interface for playing music is rubbish, basically double click a song, wait for it to finish, click another, yada yada, i can't just select an album and set it to play, rubbish! I've tried On2share, which meant i could use winamp to stream the music to my pc, great, but it had a tendancy to crash, rubbish!

So, can I use Media Center to stream music from my WAC 3500 to my pc? Simple question. Can I? I know it has a upnp plugin, but does that just allow me to play music On my PC ON the streamium?and not the other way around?

Cheers guys!

:)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Center and Philips Streamium WAC 3500 UPnP
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 02:06:30 pm »

MC can serve your PC's music to the Streamium, but not the other way around, which is what I think you said:
I now want to ... play the music on the Philips WAC 3500 on my PC, i.e. streaming from the device to my PC ...

nickhoppo

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 02:28:27 pm »

Cheers for the reply JimH, yeah that is what I was after, shame,finding it hard to discover a decent way to approach this issue. It's not such a mad idea to want to play files from a device like the stremium on a pc is it? I want to have a central store of all my music, that isn't linked to, or is dependant on, any one PC, as i have several in the house.

Keep looking i guess!

Cheers again!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 02:36:30 pm »

In our world, you would store the media on one PC and serve it to other PC's and to UPnP devices.  But I can understand that there are a lot of other possibilities.

I also wasn't aware that any of the Streamium devices had any storage.

nickhoppo

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 02:56:41 pm »

Hey Jim,

My issue is I don't want to have to turn one PC on to listen to music on another, but given the seeming lack of software to support this way of doing things, I guess I'm a bit of a rarity in wanting to do things this way!

And yes, this particular stremium has an 80gb HDD built on, you can then add satellite versions that had no HDD, and just stream music from the 'server'.

Nick

PedroX

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 11:52:41 am »

Hi Nick,

I'm looking for the same thing, but I think it is possible to stream from your WAC 3500 to you PC. There's some software called WACHandler. With WAChandler you can manage your WAC 3500, but you can also play the mp3's. I am looking for only the MP3 player functionality of the WACHandler (without the other features). Since the protocol has been reverse engineered it should be possible to develop an MP3 player which can play the WAC 3500 tracks.

Peter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up