INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does Jukebox have a Buffer area ?  (Read 2705 times)

Joey B

• Recent member
Does Jukebox have a Buffer area ?
« on: October 22, 2008, 02:30:11 pm »

I was wondering if jukebox has a buffer area to load the cd into . So you can play it back like a memory player  ?

Thanks
Joey B.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Does Jukebox have a Buffer area ?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 02:43:43 pm »

Ripping the CD might be the best.

Joey B

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 03:00:56 pm »

Sorry , I phrased my question incorrectly . I'm referring to ripped cd that reside in the library of my computer . Some daps pull the data into the buffer area and play it back from there . WInamp , cplay , XXHighend all do this .

Thanks
Joey B.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 03:07:09 pm »

I'm sorry, but why would you care what the program does internally?  And why waste a lot of memory on data that can be read from disk without any problem?

Joey B

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 03:47:34 pm »

Hi , Thanks for reply .

Some conjecture that playback from a buffer sounds better than playback from a hd . I have no direct experience with this , but I'd like to  ;D

Joey B.

gappie

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 04:07:45 pm »

Hi , Thanks for reply .

Some conjecture that playback from a buffer sounds better than playback from a hd . I have no direct experience with this , but I'd like to  ;D

Joey B.
well not sure what you are after, but mj 'plays back from a buffer', you can make the buffer bigger or smaller under tools>playback>output mode settings.
my favorite is 0.63  8) ;)

:)
gab

Listener

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 04:57:47 pm »

my favorite is 0.63  8) ;)

A fine vintage.

JONCAT

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 09:29:00 pm »

I've been reading, prior to finding this thread, at XXhighend forums. Been there before but ended up there last night. Some BIG claims.

basically less "electronic pollution, less psu ripple" ...less load on your system will cause less jitter that is given to the DAC.

The stuff these guys are doing to their PCs is what I was doing with Windows 2000 trying to make it stable for audio playback, battling the meek PCI bus and latency issues...it's quite ridiculous and obsessive. Turn off your wireless, turn off any usb port not in use, my god man, did you leave your monitor on?!?!

I doubt anyone ABX'd that player against J. river or Foobar. The author of XXhighend says ASIO sounds "bad"....... ?

Having to load an entire album from Windows explorer into ram ...why have a computer then? If you're not going to utilize the features the make managing your collection fun and easy and still sound good, you try to make the experience as elitist as possible....yikes!? The obsession with bit-perfect, S/PDIF vs. USB is laughable........

DC

Listener

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 02:49:59 am »

I've been reading, prior to finding this thread, at XXhighend forums. Been there before but ended up there last night. Some BIG claims.

basically less "electronic pollution, less psu ripple" ...less load on your system will cause less jitter that is given to the DAC.

The stuff these guys are doing to their PCs is what I was doing with Windows 2000 trying to make it stable for audio playback, battling the meek PCI bus and latency issues...it's quite ridiculous and obsessive. Turn off your wireless, turn off any usb port not in use, my god man, did you leave your monitor on?!?!

I doubt anyone ABX'd that player against J. river or Foobar. The author of XXhighend says ASIO sounds "bad"....... ?

Having to load an entire album from Windows explorer into ram ...why have a computer then? If you're not going to utilize the features the make managing your collection fun and easy and still sound good, you try to make the experience as elitist as possible....yikes!? The obsession with bit-perfect, S/PDIF vs. USB is laughable........

Every now and then, some of this crowd post on this forum, demanding that MC be "Fixed" to cure one of their hypothetical problems.  I'm hoping that JRiver won't give in to the crazies.

Bill

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 07:07:45 am »

Every now and then, some of this crowd post on this forum, demanding that MC be "Fixed" to cure one of their hypothetical problems.  I'm hoping that JRiver won't give in to the crazies.
Never.

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2008, 08:28:48 am »

You can create your own buffer by running in the direction of the sound wave front.
Just adjust your speed to keep the proper distance.
 :)

Lol  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up