INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Move Tags from WMP to Media Jukebox12  (Read 2648 times)

marc1961be

• Recent member
Move Tags from WMP to Media Jukebox12
« on: November 01, 2008, 05:31:22 am »

Hello,
On an external hard drive, I have about 25,000 MP3 files.
Until now, I used Windows Media Player, but it is too much unstable and modify the tags of MP3 files randomly.
I would like to use Media Jukebox 12, but I have to retrieve all the tags that I completed with Mp3tag.
If I found many basic tags such as Album (Album), Artist (Artiste interprète), Band (Artiste de l'Album), Comment (Commentaire), Composer (Compositeur), Genre (Genre), Year (année), Ttack (n° de la piste), how to recover other tags as Content Group (Sous-genre), Initialkey (Clef), Subtitle (Sous-titre), Lyricist (Parolier), WWWArtist (Web), et Publisher.
The names of those tags are used by Mp3tag and with brackets, those of Windows Media Player in French.

Thank you in advance for your help and good weekend

Excuse the bad English, I'm French

Marc

Bonjour,
Sur un disque dur externe, je possède environ 25.000 fichiers Mp3.
Jusqu'à aujourd'hui, j'utilisais Windows Media Player, mais il est beaucoup trop instable et modifie les tags de mes fichiers Mp3 de façon aléatoire.
Je voudrais utiliser Média Jukebox 12 mais il faut que je puisse récuper tous les tags que j'avais patiement compléter avec Mp3Tag.
Si je retrouve bien les tags de base tels que Album (Album), Artist (Artiste interprète), Band (Artiste de l'Album), Comment (Commentaire), Composer (Compositeur), Genre (Genre), Year (année), Ttack (n° de la piste), comment faire pour récupérer les autres tags comme Content Group (Sous-genre), Initialkey (Clef), Subtitle (Sous-titre), Lyricist (Parolier), WWWArtist (Web), et Publisher.
Les noms des tags sont ceux utilisés par Mp3Tag et entre parenthèse, ceux de Windows Média Player en français.

Merci d'avance pour votre aide et bonne fin de week-end

Marc
Acer TravelMate 3012 DuoCore T2300 1,66 Ghz - 1 Gb - Hdd 100Gb - External Hdd 500Gb - Media Jukebox 12

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Move Tags from WMP to Media Jukebox12
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 07:35:51 am »

Welcome to Interact.  Bon jour.  Votre anglais est mieux que ma francais.  C'est bon.  Nous vous comprennez.  Il y'a beaucoups des gens francais ici.

You can add any missing tags to MJ, but the name must match exactly.  You can then modify any view to show the tags.

The Tag window has an options menu in the upper left corner, where you can show all tags.

To add fields, go to Tools/Options/Library & Folders, and choose "Manage Library Fields".

twobadfish

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 04:18:44 am »

As far as I know changes you make in WMP don't actually edit the tags, they only edit the database that maintains your library. MC however actually edits the tags in the file.

Am I way off mark here?

marc1961be

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 01:02:24 pm »

As far as I know changes you make in WMP don't actually edit the tags, they only edit the database that maintains your library. MC however actually edits the tags in the file.

Am I way off mark here?

Hello twobadfish,

Of course, WMP edits his own database to update his library, but WMP also edits some tags as Album, Artist, Band, Comment, Composer, Genre, Year, Track, ContentGroup, Initialkey, Subtitle, Lyricist, WWWArtist, and Publisher.

But, when you want to edit all tags of the same album all together, sometimes, WMP edits only some of them … for example, if an album contains 10 tracks, WMP will update only 7 or 8 tags … not all 10.

Another example : sometimes, without I ask WMP to do something, it will change the tag "Year" of the all album …
I don’t know why WMP is so unstable.

marc
Acer TravelMate 3012 DuoCore T2300 1,66 Ghz - 1 Gb - Hdd 100Gb - External Hdd 500Gb - Media Jukebox 12

marc1961be

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 02:00:01 pm »

Welcome to Interact.  Bon jour.  Votre anglais est mieux que ma francais.  C'est bon.  Nous vous comprennez.  Il y'a beaucoups des gens francais ici.

You can add any missing tags to MJ, but the name must match exactly.  You can then modify any view to show the tags.

The Tag window has an options menu in the upper left corner, where you can show all tags.

To add fields, go to Tools/Options/Library & Folders, and choose "Manage Library Fields".

Hello JimH

You told me to add fields, I have to go to Tools/Options/Library & Folders, and choose "Manage Library Fields".

I have Media Jukebox 12.0.48 and I don’t find what you wrote.

In Tools/Options/Library & Folders, I have “Standard Library Fields” and “User Library Fields”.

So, I have tried to add a new tag … with the same name I find in WMP or Mp3Tag but how to know this name … for example, in WMP, you find the tag “Sous-Genre”. The name of this tag in Mp3Tag is “Content Group”. I have also seen on this link http://www.matroska.org/technical/specs/tagging/othertagsystems/comparetable.html the name of “TIT1” … and maybe there are other possibilities.

So I have done this experience :
-   with Media Jukebox, I have created a new tag with the name “Test” in the “Configure Library Field” where General Display is “Test”, user data type is “String”, Edit type is “Standard” and the Keyword Search is “Test=”. I have also put a cross in “Store in the tags”
-   in the window of Média Jukebox, I have updated this new tag “Test” with the word “Essai” for all files of an album.
-   With “Library Tools” and “Update Tags from Library”, I updated all those tags.
-   With Mp3tag, I open the files of this album and I find the new tag with the name “Comment Media Jukebox: Test” with the value “Essai”
-   With Mp3tag, I change the value of this tag from “Essai” to “Controle”
-   Back in Media Jukebox, with “Library Tools” and “Update Library from tags”, I updated the library for this album
-   The tag is not changed in Media Jukebox … it is still “Essai”

Why do I not find the change of the tag in Media Jukebox ?
Why is the name of this new tag “Comment Media Jukebox: Test” (and not “Test”) ?

Nice week-end

marc

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 03:26:44 pm »

So I have done this experience :
-   with Media Jukebox, I have created a new tag with the name “Test” in the “Configure Library Field” where General Display is “Test”, user data type is “String”, Edit type is “Standard” and the Keyword Search is “Test=”. I have also put a cross in “Store in the tags”
The Library Field name must match exactly the field of the tag.  Displayname is what the program shows.  Usually these would be the same.

"Test" is not likely to be a field name in the tag.  You must be certain of the name in the tag (from the tag standard information) and then match it exactly.

marc1961be

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 08:07:26 am »

The Library Field name must match exactly the field of the tag.  Displayname is what the program shows.  Usually these would be the same.

"Test" is not likely to be a field name in the tag.  You must be certain of the name in the tag (from the tag standard information) and then match it exactly.

Hello,

If have tried many possibilities and i don't find the solution.
Maybe with those screen pics can you help me ...
- http://cjoint.com/?ldoZI8fEco
- http://cjoint.com/?ldo0OwcCZF
- http://cjoint.com/?ldo1x8Tkz6
- http://cjoint.com/data/ldo2mQV4R4.htm
- http://cjoint.com/?ldo3dutysw
- http://cjoint.com/?ldo5tLDipE
- http://cjoint.com/data/ldo4rEmZF3.htm

The data in "Sous Genre" on WMP, you will find it with the name "Contentgroup" in Mp3Tag
"Clé" on WMP = "Initialkey" on Mp3Tag
"Sous Titre" on WMP = "Subtitle" on Mp3Tag
"Editeur" on WMP = "Publisher" on Mp3Tag
"Site Web" on WMP = "WWW.Artist" on Mp3Tag

If you want, i can also send you by mail this mp3 file.

marc

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 03:11:56 pm »

MJ12 writes all user/custom fields to COMM frames.

The ID3v2 standard has a bunch of predefined frames and in addition programs can write custom frames. These can be either COMM frames or TXXX frames. MC12 and MJ12 use COMM frames with an application identifier (=Media Jukebox).

MC13 beta uses TXXX frames for its custom tags. The TIT1 frame is also added to MC13 (= Grouping inside the library). The TXXX frames are compatible with custom tags that are saved with Mp3tag. I don't know if JRiver will implement these changes in MJ in the future.

MC13 has better compatibilty with some rare tags, but each major player program has some personal tag choices. There is no single player program that supports all possible ID3v2 tags.

For now, a workaround would be to create the custom fields in MJ and tag a sample file. In Mp3tag you can check what tags MJ12 uses. You can use Mp3tag's Actions for copying tag data to these fields. I'd recommend setting Mp3tag to write ISO-8859-1 tags. It is the most compatible ID3v2 option.

Another option would be to try MC13 and purchase it if you like it.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

marc1961be

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 01:02:44 pm »

MJ12 writes all user/custom fields to COMM frames.

The ID3v2 standard has a bunch of predefined frames and in addition programs can write custom frames. These can be either COMM frames or TXXX frames. MC12 and MJ12 use COMM frames with an application identifier (=Media Jukebox).

MC13 beta uses TXXX frames for its custom tags. The TIT1 frame is also added to MC13 (= Grouping inside the library). The TXXX frames are compatible with custom tags that are saved with Mp3tag. I don't know if JRiver will implement these changes in MJ in the future.

MC13 has better compatibilty with some rare tags, but each major player program has some personal tag choices. There is no single player program that supports all possible ID3v2 tags.

For now, a workaround would be to create the custom fields in MJ and tag a sample file. In Mp3tag you can check what tags MJ12 uses. You can use Mp3tag's Actions for copying tag data to these fields. I'd recommend setting Mp3tag to write ISO-8859-1 tags. It is the most compatible ID3v2 option.

Another option would be to try MC13 and purchase it if you like it.

Thank you very much, Alex B, for your answer.
So, I understand much better how MJ12 works with tags.
I have created custom fields in MJ12 (with comm frames).
With Mp3tag's Actions, i have copied tag data in these fields.
And so, I can use MJ12 with all my tags. MJ12 seems to be very powerfull and much better than WMP.
Mp3tag is a very good software to arrange all tags

Have a good day

marc

(excuse my very bad english ...  :-[ )
Pages: [1]   Go Up