INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 13.0.69 Beta -- Download Here  (Read 14422 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 13.0.69 Beta -- Download Here
« on: November 06, 2008, 03:11:56 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 13.0.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC13.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC13/MediaCenter130069.exe

13.0.69 (11/05/2008)

1. NEW: Added "File Types" options page that allows configuring the file association and playback method (including external applications) for each file type. [still a work in progress]

13.0.68 (11/04/2008)

1. NEW: Added support for iPod Nano 4G models. ( if your 4G is not recognized, please report it here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36033.0 )
2. Fixed: The arrow navigation keys didn't work as expected in the "Edit Disc Information" dialog.
3. Changed: MP3 ID3v2 reader can handle (buggy) unsynchronized tags that store a frame's decoded size in the frame header instead of the encoded size.
4. Changed: Updated the English (British) translation. (thanks prod!)
5. Optimized: Improved performance of starting image playback from Theater View when audio was already playing.
6. Optimized: Slight improvement to performance of starting image and video playback.
7. Optimized: Improvement to performance of starting playback of large lists of files.
8. Fixed: Starting image playback from Theater View when audio was already playing would not show the fullscreen borders when necessary.
9. Fixed: The Theater View exit dialog could lose focus in certain cases right after being shown.
10. Changed: SDK access of thumbnails didn't expose small or medium sized thumbnails nicely.
11. Fixed: Buffering was invoked incorrectly in TV time-shifting.

13.0.67 Spooky Build (10/31/2008)

1. Changed: Internal optimization of TV time-shifting.

13.0.66 (10/30/2008)

1. Fixed: Certain GIF files could cause a crash during loading.
2. Fixed: Transparent fullscreen player could appear over other applications when alt+tabbing from fullscreen.
3. Changed: Using the up / down keys to scroll through the drop panes did not scroll the list nicely.
4. Fixed: Some webpage views did not properly translate accelerators like Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, etc.
5. Fixed: The "Show the webpage" option on some web media views could pop two dialogs in a row.
6. NEW: When clicking an image on Google Images (use Images link bar), you get the option of using the file as the cover art for the selected album.
7. Fixed: Saved TV time-shifting files would not automatically stop when they were played to the end.
8. Fixed: TV time-shifting files were not imported with correct duration.
9. Changed: "Jump on play" settings (General and Theater View) are now separated into Audio and Video (image will always shows display view).
10. NEW: When accepting a search suggestion, the search box no longer switches to wizard mode. (enters a special mode that shows string but searches only selected field; exits special mode after making any change)

13.0.65 (10/29/2008)

1. Fixed: Pressing "Enter" in the search suggestion box when there were no matches would crash.
2. Fixed: Auto-play commands did not appear / work on Vista 64.
3. Changed: When picking "Play" for a disc in auto-play, it will always play. (previously it would rip if auto-action in Media Center was set to rip)
4. Changed: Added "Rip an audio CD" to the auto-play menu when a CD is inserted into the system.
5. Changed: Audio CD association (Explorer right-click play) is in the main associations list under "Other" instead of as an independent checkbox.
6. NEW: Added DVD Video to the association list (Explorer right-click play).
7. Fixed: Shutterspeeds over 1 sec reported now.
8. Fixed: During fast typing, the search suggestion system could get confused.
9. NEW: Options dialog is sizable, and defaults to a larger size.
10. Changed: In the search suggestion box, clicking "Show all xxx results" or pressing enter with it selected will expand it.
11. Changed: Internal changes in TV time-shifting files.
12. Changed: Stores can be hidden/shown from the plug-in manager dialog.
13. Fixed: Improved on-screen-display / fullscreen bar transparency disabling for displays and operating systems that don't support it.

13.0.64 (10/28/2008)

1. Changed: On screen display and new fullscreen player bar do not use transparency when playing videos on XP and earlier.
2. Fixed: Fullscreen player bar allowed dragging to move fullscreen display around.
3. Fixed: Some recorded TV shows would not play correctly if time-shifting limit was set to a low value.
4. Fixed: Auto-import could run at the same time as a manual folder import, causing slowdowns.
5. Changed: Changed "More" to "More Play Options" in standard right-click menu.
6. NEW: Added a search box to the Options dialog. (not all pages are searchable yet)
7. Fixed: Picking "Play CD" from auto-run or Explorer's right-click menu would not work if Media Center was already running.

13.0.63 (10/24/2008)

1. NEW: Revised look and feel of caption / on-screen-display -- less intrusive, uses transparency, etc.
2. NEW: Added a new player bar that is displayed in fullscreen view instead of the standard player bar. (only provided for Noire skin)
3. Fixed: Search suggestions could crash if clicking a suggestion and typing all at once.
4. Optimized: Substantial improvements to performance of search suggestions.

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
Re: Media Center 13.0.69 Beta -- Download Here
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 03:17:21 pm »

Hi,

Using build 69 here and it seems that pane tagging does not work.
I tried with various tags and track selection, choice appears but tags cannot be set.

However inline tagging works perfectly,

--Update, it does not seem to work also in the Tag AW,

-C
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

orennahum

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 12:36:48 am »

Hi,

What about mpg TV hardware recording, when are you bringing this option back ?

Thanks,
Oren.

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 01:41:14 am »

2. NEW: Added a new player bar that is displayed in fullscreen view instead of the standard player bar. (only provided for Noire skin)

I like it (no more annoying resizing), but it sometimes doesn't want to show up. It seems that a click on the window then a mouse-over the bar area is required to show it, but even that doesn't always work.

The following seems to be reproducible:
1. Click on MC window (to give focus?)
2. Mouse-over player bar area (it pops up)
3. Click off MC onto a different window (requires multiple monitors)
4. Click back on MC (bar disappears)
5. Mouse-over player bar area (it does not pop up)
6. At this point I can't find a way to bring the bar back, and if I continue to move my mouse around and click it never comes back, but if I calm down and just wait a few seconds then it works again

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 02:13:23 am »

• changing skins and editing skin effects doesn't update the playbar until MC is restarted (tested with noire and others)
  • the new fullscreen playbar flickers if any visualisation is selected
  • changing the fullscreen display content (eg. from visualisation to cover art) avoids the playerbar to appear again

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 02:20:57 am »

• smartlist bug: setting some rule in connection with a rating requires a comma to separate different ratings from each other. This works fine, until you try to re-edit the smartlist: the wizard replaces all commas in rating rules with semicolons. The rule doesn't work after this. Look here for some further details.

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 03:46:05 am »

MC 13 still freezes (CPU 100 %) when adding a view inside a root view..meaning i can't upgrade

"9. NEW: Options dialog is sizable, and defaults to a larger size" great, but i can only make it larger, not size it smaller..i really hope this change will affect the smartlist wizards as well in the near future

MT5FR

gitcheye

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Darned if you do and darned if you don't!
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 08:52:12 am »

In 3D view, album art disappears when zoomed in.  It reappears as you zoom out.
Gitcheye

toeknee

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2008, 01:35:07 pm »

"Paste from clipboard (Image or URL) "
pastes a blank image and creates the folder.jpg file as a blank image.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2008, 03:42:04 pm »

"Paste from clipboard (Image or URL) "
pastes a blank image and creates the folder.jpg file as a blank image.

I can't reproduce this.  Perhaps there's a problem with the image?

Could you share the URL or email the image you're using to matt at jriver dot com?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2008, 03:42:36 pm »

MC 13 still freezes (CPU 100 %) when adding a view inside a root view..meaning i can't upgrade

"9. NEW: Options dialog is sizable, and defaults to a larger size" great, but i can only make it larger, not size it smaller..i really hope this change will affect the smartlist wizards as well in the near future

That's bad.  I can't make it happen though.

Any tips?  What if you try an empty library, as a test?

Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2008, 03:44:13 pm »

In 3D view, album art disappears when zoomed in.  It reappears as you zoom out.

What type of video card?

Also, if you tap "Pause / Break" in 3D view a few times, it'll show "Texture: ....." in the top-left.  What does that say on your system?

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2008, 04:14:45 pm »

While recording TV, right click doesn't work anywhere to stop recording.  On either the display AW or full screen, right click shows the menu for a half second...then disappears.  Also while recording TV, none of the top menus (File, Edit, View, etc.) will work.  The only way to stop recording is to click the stop icon on the display bar (twice).

Also, the "record" button on the TV pane doesn't do anything.

pthay

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2008, 04:56:12 pm »

MC13.0.69 does not read tags properly or otherwise convert them properly into library fields.  When songs are imported into MC12, library fields are properly filled. 

For example, I imported a song downloaded from Daytrotter Sessions at http://www.daytrotter.com/songsdown, with the filename "Ponytail_DaytrotterSession_4" and MC13 incorrectly used the filename as the song name and did not fill in the other fields.  In MC12 all the tag information was properly handled.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2008, 05:49:05 pm »

MC13.0.69 does not read tags properly or otherwise convert them properly into library fields.  When songs are imported into MC12, library fields are properly filled. 

For example, I imported a song downloaded from Daytrotter Sessions at http://www.daytrotter.com/songsdown, with the filename "Ponytail_DaytrotterSession_4" and MC13 incorrectly used the filename as the song name and did not fill in the other fields.  In MC12 all the tag information was properly handled.

Those files use ID3v2.2 tags, which are generally considered obsolete.  It's actually the first ID3v2.2 tag I've ever seen.

The new ID3v2 handler in Media Center 13 only supports ID3v2.3 and ID3v2.4 tags.  If there is a demand, we will look at adding support for ID3v2.2.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2008, 06:42:13 pm »

We'll add ID3v2.2 support to a coming build.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2008, 07:12:18 pm »

• the new fullscreen playbar flickers if any visualisation is selected
  • changing the fullscreen display content (eg. from visualisation to cover art) avoids the playerbar to appear again
Only happens with my (old) Laptop. Maybe it's caused by my wrong grafik driver and/or old grafik card.

DaremoS

• World Citizen
  • Rock is not just music... is a way of living
Cover art from clipboard spoiled in 13.0.69
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2008, 07:55:14 pm »

I use constantly the function "Paste from Clipboard" to transfer cover art to the tags of my files.
It have been damaged in this last version, now it puts a blank square and it's transferred so to the folder of cover art.
This happens too when a existing cover art is copied to clipboard and then transferred to other files.
What is spoiled is the clipboard in MC13 because windows clipboard keeps correctly the image.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2008, 09:48:28 pm »

I use constantly the function "Paste from Clipboard" to transfer cover art to the tags of my files.
It have been damaged in this last version, now it puts a blank square and it's transferred so to the folder of cover art.
Please try this one: ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC13/MediaCenter130071.exe

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2008, 04:30:00 am »

That's bad.  I can't make it happen though.

Any tips?  What if you try an empty library, as a test?

Thanks.

matt, i did some more checking and found out that

if you are "standing" in the created root view and create a child of that, MC freezes, but if you move to for example to "start" or "audio" (in between) and create a new child within that root view...it works OK

so it seems like there are some locks when creating "root view schemes childs"

MT5FR

DaremoS

• World Citizen
  • Rock is not just music... is a way of living
Cover art from clipboard still damaged
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2008, 06:19:19 am »

Please try this one: ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC13/MediaCenter130071.exe

Thanks for your prompt replay
I did install 13.0.71 and still it didn't work... clipboard damaged  :-[
I use copy from URL instead and it work fine.

toeknee

• Recent member
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2008, 08:23:46 am »

I also tried the 13.0.71 version using the Paste from Clipboard (URL) still pastes in a blank image. I've tried different jpg's, small and large.
I tried getting the cover art from the Internet and it pasted in OK. I then copied the same image I pulled down and it pasted in as a blank image.
The size of blank image it creates is correct, it's just blank....

If I copy the image outside of Media Center (Paint) it will paste and create folder.jpg correctly.

If I copy from the image pane in the tree (right click file, select Tags, in the tag window in tree click the small image to open the Image window in tree, right click image select Copy To Clipboard first file) I get the blank (white) file creation.

I also tried copying the image inside of the image editor and that also gives me the blank image.

MarkGrigsby

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2008, 02:31:03 pm »

Same issue I reported last time - playback of DVR-MS files (on a couple of different PCs using a variety of filter combinations, though typically nVidia Audio + Video) does not allow seeking within the file.  This worked fine (and still does) in MC12 on same PCs.

I appreciate all the work by the MC team to bring us MC 13, but this is a real showstopper for me converting 'full time' to this new version which I already bought - so it would be great to at least get some acknowledgement of this bug and some estimated 'fix' time?  Or even a workaround would be fine for me for now.

Thanks in advance!

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2008, 06:29:04 am »

I get a crash using options.
I'm trying to rip a CD and select "rip". In action window I select "Options" and try to go to enconding. The MC crashes reproduceable.

Code: [Select]
2848235: 6032: General: JROptionsPageInfo::GetDialog: Creating options page object
2848266: 6032: General: CPropertiesCDDBDlg::CPropertiesCDDBDlg: Start
2848282: 6032: General: CPropertiesCDDBDlg::CPropertiesCDDBDlg: Finish (16 ms)
2848313: 6032: General: JROptionsPageInfo::GetDialog: Creating window
2848328: 6032: General: CPropertiesCDDBDlg::OnInitialize: Start
2848360: 6032: General: CPropertiesCDDBDlg::LoadOptions: Start
2848375: 6032: General: CPropertiesCDDBDlg::LoadOptions: Finish (15 ms)
2848406: 6032: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Opening: C:\Program Files\Multimedia\JRiver Media Center 13\Data\Default Art\OptionsTree.png
2848422: 6032: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Closing: C:\Program Files\Multimedia\JRiver Media Center 13\Data\Default Art\OptionsTree.png
2848453: 6032: General: CPropertiesCDDBDlg::OnInitialize: Finish (125 ms)
2848484: 6032: General: JROptionsPageInfo::GetDialog: Updating window
2848500: 6032: General: JROptionsPageInfo::GetDialog: Subclassing window
2848531: 6032: General: JROptionsPageInfo::GetDialog: Finish (359 ms)
2848750: 6032: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Opening: C:\Program Files\Multimedia\JRiver Media Center 13\MegaSkins\Albedo by StFeder\OptionsList_Selection.png
2848781: 6032: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Closing: C:\Program Files\Multimedia\JRiver Media Center 13\MegaSkins\Albedo by StFeder\OptionsList_Selection.png
2850606: 6032: General: CMCResourceHelper::GetIsModalPopupShowing: Main window disabled
2850637: 6032: General: JROptionsPageInfo::GetDialog: Start
2850668: 6032: General: JROptionsPageInfo::GetDialog: Options page: Encoding
2850700: 6032: General: JROptionsPageInfo::GetDialog: Creating options page object
2850731: 6032: General: JROptionsPageInfo::GetDialog: Creating window
2850840: 6032: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Unhandled exception -- program crashing
2850871: 6032: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Message: 275, wParam: 5000, lParam: 0, Window class: JRiver Owner Draw Class

It still works as expected if I use "Tools -> Options -> Encoder"

p7389

• World Citizen
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2008, 06:51:41 am »

When clickin 'play' on an album in album thimbnail view (the little text that appears when you hoover), the view resets (even if you have the album your clicking play on selected in the library, after clicking you go to the top)... It didn't use to be like this, and I find it disconcerting.

Preferably, clicking play would select the album in the library too (it did that before, right?)...
[img width= height= alt=My Top Albums]http://lastfm.obsessive-media.de/3month/7x1/p7389.jpeg[/img]

gitcheye

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Darned if you do and darned if you don't!
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2008, 03:16:56 pm »

What type of video card?

Also, if you tap "Pause / Break" in 3D view a few times, it'll show "Texture: ....." in the top-left.  What does that say on your system?

nvidia quadro nvs 110m (dell latitude laptop)....texture:  4096 x 4096 (0x1ECC5)
Gitcheye

Frobozz

• There is a small mailbox here.
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2008, 05:11:26 pm »

I broke WASAPI exclusive playback.  I'm now getting the following error whenever I set exclusive mode, non-exclusive mode still works.
Media Center encountered errors while trying to play the last several files.  Please make sure that the path in your media library points to the right location.

Error details:

Playback could not be started on the output ‘Windows Audio Session API (WASAPI)’ using the format ‘44100 Hz, 16 Bits Per Sample, 2 Channels’.  This output format may not be supported by your hardware.  You can use DSP Studio to change the output to a compatible format.  Also, make sure that your system has a valid sound playback device and that it is properly configured in playback options.

I'm using an M-Audio FireWire 410 for audio.  I was curious if WASAPI would upsample so I set the sampling rate to 96000 in the M-Audio control panel.  It didn't work.  I set the sampling rate back to 44100 but playback continues to give me the error above.  I tried rebooting and still get the error.  Non-exclusive mode continues to work.  ASIO continues to work.  WASAPI Exclusive mode just seems to be stuck.

valeriejp

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2008, 09:34:35 pm »

I get a crash using options.
I'm trying to rip a CD and select "rip". In action window I select "Options" and try to go to enconding. The MC crashes reproduceable.

It still works as expected if I use "Tools -> Options -> Encoder"

I'm getting some similar problems, except for me, it doesn't always crash. When it doesn't crash, I try to go in and change the encoder to MP3. Sometimes it crashes at that point instead. If it doesn't crash there and I say okay to the change and close the dialog there, it doesn't actually change the encoder, it still stays with windows media. But, if I go to "Tools -> Options -> Encoder" and change it to mp3 there, it actually changes my encoder to mp3 and rips in mp3, even though when I go to options from the rip disc pane, it still says window media, (if I can get that far without crashing) even though it still rips in mp3.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2008, 05:14:53 pm »

I broke WASAPI exclusive playback.  I'm now getting the following error whenever I set exclusive mode, non-exclusive mode still works.
I'm using an M-Audio FireWire 410 for audio.  I was curious if WASAPI would upsample so I set the sampling rate to 96000 in the M-Audio control panel.  It didn't work.  I set the sampling rate back to 44100 but playback continues to give me the error above.  I tried rebooting and still get the error.  Non-exclusive mode continues to work.  ASIO continues to work.  WASAPI Exclusive mode just seems to be stuck.

Make sure nothing else it using the card, like sound on an IE page.

Frobozz

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2008, 06:04:11 pm »

Make sure nothing else it using the card, like sound on an IE page.

Nothing else is assigned to the M-Audio card.  All my system sounds and default sounds are set to the onboard sound.  The M-Audio is used only for high quality audio applications.

Foobar2000 still works with its WASAPI module (exclusive mode).  MC13 is still stuck giving me the error above.  I tried uninstalling the M-Audio driver and reinstalling it.  No-go.

The M-Audio was working with WASAPI exclusive mode before I decided to fiddle with the sample rate in the M-Audio driver.  I set the sample rate back to 44100 like it was before and since then I've been unable to get WASAPI exclusive mode working again.

Foobar2000 WASAPI continues to work so there must be something funky that MC13 is doing or is not doing that is causing the problem.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2008, 07:48:01 pm »

Foobar2000 WASAPI continues to work so there must be something funky that MC13 is doing or is not doing that is causing the problem.

Well, that's a mystery.  Exclusive-mode output is working fine for me on my M-Audio 2496.  Maybe double-check the "Output Format" section of DSP Studio.  Also, double-check what device you've selected in the WASAPI configuration inside Media Center.  I suppose you could also try adjusting the buffering (0.50 seconds is the default).

If none of that helps, start a new thread and we'll dig some more.

Thanks.

dlmax63

• World Citizen
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2008, 10:20:33 pm »

It appears that volume leveling is broken for M4A files. I think it worked on 13.0.062 but I've updated to 13.0.071 & it's not working now. Not sure which version it broke on.

BTW, I re-analyzed a sample track and re-synced w/IPod classic. The values for volume leveling are still passed to and functional on the IPod. It appears to be a playback issue within MC only.
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2008, 10:30:51 pm »

BTW, I re-analyzed a sample track and re-synced w/IPod classic. The values for volume leveling are still passed to and functional on the IPod. It appears to be a playback issue within MC only.

Try using the new "File Types" options page to tell Media Center to use Directshow for M4A files.

dlmax63

• World Citizen
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2008, 11:26:28 pm »

Try using the new "File Types" options page to tell Media Center to use Directshow for M4A files.

Thanks Matt. I had it set using the old style of setting directshow filters.

Listening to: 'Let Love Rule' from 'Let Love Rule' by 'Lenny Kravitz' on Media Center 13
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day!

Frobozz

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2008, 05:02:17 am »

Well, that's a mystery.  Exclusive-mode output is working fine for me on my M-Audio 2496.  Maybe double-check the "Output Format" section of DSP Studio.  Also, double-check what device you've selected in the WASAPI configuration inside Media Center.  I suppose you could also try adjusting the buffering (0.50 seconds is the default).

If none of that helps, start a new thread and we'll dig some more.

Thanks.

I found the problem.  It was the buffering setting.  I had the buffering at something over 1 second.  Lowering the buffering to something less than .5 seconds got it working.  If the buffering is much more than .5 seconds my M-Audio interface won't sync to the sample rate and I'll get the error described above.

So there seems to be a problem syncing or initializing if the buffering is too high with some audio interfaces/cards.

I'm using an M-Audio FireWire 410
Repro case:
Set the sample rate in the M-Audio driver to something other than 44100
Set the WASAPI buffering to over 1 second
Set WASAPI to exclusive mode
Play a 44100 Hz MP3
Get an error saying it can't play
Reduce the buffering to under 0.5 seconds
Play the MP3 again
No error, MP3 plays, M-Audio driver syncs to 44100 Hz

badger

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2008, 09:41:19 am »

Can't create any new library views.  I was adding a new view yesterday.  That new view is still there.  Today...from either audio, images or video I can't create a new library view.  Right click...."add library view"....typie in a name...."OK".....nothing.  Same with "View"...."Add View"...."Add Library View".  Could I have inadvertantly locked something?

badger

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2008, 10:55:17 am »

Startup settings problem.  I have startup set to Audio....and "last exit setting", but no matter what view I have set when I exit...MC only starts with the 3D album view.

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Tagging user field affects standard field
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2008, 02:11:42 pm »

I created a user/field named album rate.

When I enter a value (I allow 1-5) the content updates the field ALBUM instead of album rate which remains empty!

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Tagging field in panes no longer possible
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2008, 02:54:09 pm »

I can tag fields in the detailed list view but no longer in the panes view. Pressing F4 switches to tagging mode but changes are not reflected.

I tried this for a user field (situation).

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
User defined fields cannot be edited
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2008, 03:32:07 pm »

With MC13 I can add a user-defined column just by right-clicking in the details header section. I can create the column but there's no way to edit it.

Is it possible to do calculations for fields like adding or multiplying column values??? This would be a great feature but at the moment I doubt it is possible.

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2008, 03:35:18 pm »

Switching between skins is messy. Only after closing and opening MC13 it takes full effect.
MC12 did this instantly.
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2008, 03:43:22 pm »

Switching between skins is messy. Only after closing and opening MC13 it takes full effect.
MC12 did this instantly.
I don't see a problem.  Any third party plug-ins, viz?

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
MPL files do not contain all fields
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2008, 04:16:41 pm »

When exporting my records to an MPL file empty fields are not considered. This used to work. I chose the option to include all fields but this did not help.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MPL files do not contain all fields
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2008, 04:31:57 pm »

When exporting my records to an MPL file empty fields are not considered. This used to work. I chose the option to include all fields but this did not help.

Empty fields are not added to an MPL.  This is by-design.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2008, 04:33:30 pm »

MC12 did this instantly.
I don't see a problem.  Any third party plug-ins, viz?

I reported this at the top of this thread:
    changing skins and editing skin effects doesn't update the playbar until MC is restarted (tested with noire and others)
It only seems to be true for 13.0.69. I tried build 71 which is linked above in a reply and it works instantly again.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2008, 07:36:55 pm »

Startup settings problem.  I have startup set to Audio....and "last exit setting", but no matter what view I have set when I exit...MC only starts with the 3D album view.

Can you not right click on the view method under the "Audio" section and select a view as default?

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2008, 12:17:39 am »

Looks good but I still run into closing issues.  I'll click the X and it hangs.  Sometimes it will close after, say, a minute.  Other times I just end up forcing close.  I noticed the same thing clicking OK in the options box but this was a few versions ago.  I have not confirmed if this is solved in my experience but it seems better.

benn600

« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2008, 12:27:22 am »

Can the OSD be updated when the user makes a change?  ie: when I hit arrow right on Position, the new position is not updated.  It also doesn't update live as the video proceeds.  Possible?  Good idea?  Please add.

I've just spent the past hour truly getting to know MC 13.  It's really my first exploration of it.  I installed the latest .71 release and am quite impressed.  How do you all decide on features?  I'm still really hoping for more VIDEO_TS features (tag storage).  What if the bookmark for media files could be stored somewhere central so other users can use the bookmark.  And what about a popup when you try to play video: Do you want to continue from the bookmark position? Yes or No...believe me I can think of 5+ options for this.

Addition: maybe some better choices on theater sounds???  I really like the idea but maybe something a little more classy?  Go license some quick but high quality / class sound effects.  Even some sort of click would probably be fine.

benn600

« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2008, 12:44:03 am »

I'll make a list.
1. With grouping (A-B), if I enter 1, it keeps all the numbers (0, 1, 2) in separate categories.  I really like using this.  I know it was in v12 at least but I feel compelled to use it now that my library is much larger than when I set up all the htpcs.  ADDITION: BUT if I use 2 as the separator, it puts all the numbers in a single item (0 - 9).  I'd like all the numbers combined even on 1 grouping.
2. Can the theater view tagging feature be customized?  I only want to show "Ben's Rating" among a few others.  VERY awesome feature, though!
3. Can you please add the ability to remove "All" from the list?  This has annoyed me for the longest time.
4. Really like new feature to not show menu except on items.  I can still use the context menu button (right side of keyboard next to control) and I can configure one of my remote buttons to be this.  That way I can still access this menu that you sometimes really need.
5. Can the playing now sidebar in theater view be made taller?  For square cover art, there is a lot of wasted space and there is plenty of vertical height that isn't used.
6. I'm sure you know but the weather feature should probably pull up your onscreen keyboard.
7. In theater view can you make the stacks of CDs (or whatever) rotate randomly...perhaps a random stack on the screen every few seconds?  This would spice up the static interface!

Lastly: could the audio, images, video landing view in theater view just list the Views?  This button is so unknown.  I would rather hit Audio and then select "By Artist" or "By Album" than have to remember to use the Views button.

llafriel

• World Citizen
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2008, 01:35:56 am »

Updating coverart from webbrowser within MC(loving this feature) sometimes updates other films.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up