INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: unable to play or convert Real Audio files since upgrade from MC12 to MC13  (Read 3486 times)

CoolRaoul

• Junior Woodchuck

Hello all,

The question is in the subject,

I have tried to re-install RealAlternative, upgraded MC13 to latest version, without any success, I'm still having the following problems

• The "play" context menu item inside MC launch media player classic (even "send to play -as next to play-" launches external player!)
  • the library tools context menu doesnt contains items "covert format" and "analyse audio"

I've tried to force use of direct show filters on Real audio files via tools->options->file types, it did'nt make any difference

When using explorer context menu "media center->play" on a real media file, MC windows take ages to appears on screen and then nothing happen (no playback at all).

All of this used to work fine when I was running MC12.

What can I try now?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: unable to play or convert Real Audio files since upgrade from MC12 to MC13
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 08:37:47 am »

Make sure you have the latest version of MC13.  Then check file associations.

CoolRaoul

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 09:21:40 am »

Make sure you have the latest version of MC13.  Then check file associations.

As I've said, I just upgraded to last available version (10.0.93).

Regarding file associations, by default real audio files are associated to media player classic.
But, I've tried to associate RA files with MC13 and this doesn't work: when double clicking inside windows explorer on such a file, a MC13 windows appears but nothing happens.

I've also just checked that I'm able to plays RA files with windows media player, that should be the proof that real audio direct show filters are installed and well configured.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 09:44:40 am »

Did you actually configure it to use DirectShow? I attached a screenshot of the correct setting (you must be logged in to see the attachment).

If it still does not work you may also need to configure the filename extension specific filters in Options > Playback > Video > DirectShow Playback settings... (the settings are under "video", but also the audio-only DirectShow files can be configured there.)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

CoolRaoul

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 10:15:18 am »

Setting things up like indicated by the screenshot doesn't work either:

If I only configure "playback method" the "play" action just launches the default external player.
If I also configure "file association" nothing seems to happens on "play"

I'm now looking inside Options > Playback > Video > DirectShow Playback settings

For the moment I've tried try to focus  on a single file type (.ra)
I've selected all the filters that looks like "real media related":
  • Source Filters:
    • RealMedia Source
  • Other Filters:
    • JRiver Bitrate Monitor filter (was already selected)
    • RealAudio Decoder
    • RealMedia Splitter

Unfortunately this didn't helped...

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 04:58:29 pm »

As far as I'm aware, these are semi-broken at the present time :( (AFAIK they broke in build .76)
Yaobing has promised to look into the issue, and I can provide plenty more crashlogs if you're interested.

Quote from: leezer3
This is what happens with each of the playback options:
1. Automatic: MC attempts and fails to play the file as per the log above.
2. DirectShow: MC crashes with a COOK.DLL error (Send/ don't send)
3. RealPlayer Engine: MC again attempts and fails to play the files, but no crash.

If I import the same file into the library, then the Automatic and RealPlayer engine choices play the file fine, but DirectShow causes the same COOK.DLL crash.

Other DirectShow based players (ZoomPlayer, WMP) play the file using Directshow fine.
RealPlayer isn't installed, but RealAlternative is. For what it's worth, this broke around build 78 or so.
Also, not sure of the relavance of this, but after muxing the file into a MKV it will play fine from explorer too.

Cheers

-Leezer-

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 05:51:17 pm »

I can play a .ra file through DirectShow in MC13.

I have a recently built PC with a rather clean XP. It doesn't have the full Real Player installed, only the Real Alternative codecs.

In addition to what is in my previous screenshot a have only set .ra to use JRiver audio renderer (see the new screenshot). I have let DS to determine the used filters automatically.

Here's my DS graph during .ra playback:

Filter Graph Info (Graph for type: ra):

Filter 'JRiver Audio Renderer'
        CLSID: {EC1F74A8-7E55-4814-9F9F-D417489075CA}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin 'XForm Out' of filter 'RealAudio Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'RealAudio Decoder'
        CLSID: {941A4793-A705-4312-8DFC-C11CA05F397E}
        Host: C:\Program Files\RealAlt\RealMediaSplitter.ax
        Input Pin 'XForm In'
            Connected to pin 'Output 00 (Audio Stream)' of filter 'RealMedia Splitter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {4B4F4F43-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Output Pin 'XForm Out'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'JRiver Audio Renderer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'RealMedia Splitter'
        CLSID: {E21BE468-5C18-43EB-B0CC-DB93A847D769}
        Host: C:\Program Files\RealAlt\RealMediaSplitter.ax
        Output Pin 'Output 00 (Audio Stream)'
            Connected to pin 'XForm In' of filter 'RealAudio Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {4B4F4F43-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'C:\test\Eine Alpensinfonie.ra'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Stream  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {57428EC6-C2B2-44A2-AA9C-28F0B6A5C48E}, Format type TIME_FORMAT_NONE

Filter 'C:\test\Eine Alpensinfonie.ra'
        CLSID: {E436EBB5-524F-11CE-9F53-0020AF0BA770}
        Host: C:\WINDOWS\system32\quartz.dll
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'RealMedia Splitter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Stream  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {57428EC6-C2B2-44A2-AA9C-28F0B6A5C48E}, Format type TIME_FORMAT_NONE

I attached also a short sample clip of my test .ra file. I encoded it in Real Audio 10 format with Real Player 11 (on another PC). You could try if it is any different.

I noticed that the sample file appeared as a data file after dragging it to Playing Now. That didn't affect playback because the new system can override the Media Type field value. I changed the media type to Audio and the file continued to work fine. However, it would be nice if Yaobing could fix this.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

CoolRaoul

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 03:14:48 pm »

I've set up my MC13 configuration identically as yours for .ra files inside direct show settings and it worked : I'm now able to play .ra files inside media player

I've also felt into the problem of real audio files appearing as data files when imported.

Manually forcing "media type" to "audio" seems to beis the way to be able to access the "convert format" function.
After that ,  the submenu becomes visible and conversion works.

Thanks,

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2008, 03:59:30 pm »

RealMedia and m4a import problem is fixed. The fix will be in an upcoming build.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up