INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with MP3 CD's  (Read 1724 times)

timbuk2

• Recent member
Problems with MP3 CD's
« on: December 23, 2008, 07:07:52 am »

Using MJ 12.0.49 on a Toshiba Satellite P105-S6024 Windows XP Media SP3 w/ 2GB RAM with everything shut down except MJ.
I'm sure I've burnt MP3 CD's before to play in my car and on my other home CD MP3 players, (as well as DVD's) but the last 4 or 5 I've tried burning  will not play.  "Error, Not MP3" and it can't seem to find or read the play list.

I'm Recording to gold CD-R's for music and they will work on other PC's, but not on any player I've found lately. I've tried turning on Decode Files Directly, I've tried turning it off and burning.  I've tried convert to WM but allow MP3's also on and off, I've tried different Joilet settings and still cannot get an MP3 CD to play on any of my systems that I usually can if using another software program.  I can drag and drop MP3's to a disc, burn and they play fine. What setting am I missing,

I'm using up all my CD's.  The last one I burnt, I had Decode Files Directly to Disc turned off and it manage to skip through and play a few of the songs, but most of them it said, "Not MP3".
Any advise would be very much appreciated, didn't want to spend Christmas Week trying to burn one good MP3 CD.  ;-)
Tim

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Problems with MP3 CD's
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 08:12:04 am »

In the options for burning, check "Close disk when burning is complete".  Many Consumer Electronics players won't play a disc that isn't closed.  Most PC's will.

timbuk2

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 08:54:26 am »

Yes, had that checked also, didn't work. 
Thanks
Tim

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 09:17:05 am »

It has worked for me. I have not specifically tested the last few Media Jukebox builds, but I am not aware of changes that could affect data CD burning.

I've tried convert to WM but allow MP3's also on and off...

What you mean by this? What is the format of your source files? Do you have wma source files? Do your devices support wma? Wouldn't it be better to allow only MP3?

What are your chosen filename and directory structure options? Have you checked the discs on PC? Is there any difference when you compare a disc burned by MJ with a "drag & drop" disc that was burned directly by the OS?

BTW, you could avoid burning coasters by testing with a rewritable CD-RW disc.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

timbuk2

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 10:47:37 am »

What you mean by this? What is the format of your source files? Do you have wma source files? Do your devices support wma? Wouldn't it be better to allow only MP3?

What are your chosen filename and directory structure options? Have you checked the discs on PC? Is there any difference when you compare a disc burned by MJ with a "drag & drop" disc that was burned directly by the OS?

The source files are all MP3's in my Documents/My Music directory. I didn't see an option for "only allow Mp3", just "allow MP3's also" in addition to wma.  The CD finished product will play on any PC.

I just discovered they will play in my car, but they will not play in my Panasonic SA-AK500 Stereo System that supposedly plays MP3's.  I was certain that I had played MP3's in it before, maybe I'm confused.  I tried creating one from Windows Explorer (drag & drop) instead of through MJ rogram and get the same results with both units. Works on one, not the other.  So, now I have to take the other 8 Mp3 Cd's out and see if they all work, because I tried different settings for each. Apparently my Panasonic Stereo isn't as advertised.
Thanks for your help
Tim
Pages: [1]   Go Up